About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

14 September 2008

A gorgeous morning glory

Click on the pic to see just how many colors these flowers have! INCREDIBLE

Now normally I am not a fan of Morning glories as they can be a pest, twirling and tangling up the other flowers nearby, reseeding everywhere. I have not planted them in several years, but I ran across an envelope of several small packets of hand gathered seeds that an ebay buyer I made friends with sent me 2 years ago...I completely forgot about them. I thought --what the heck--and threw them in a skinny flower bed next to the house.

To my amazement, this is the beauty I got (even tho they still tangled in the other flowers). Another she sent me--that I never heard of here in Oregon--was "Kiss me over the garden gate". they are just now starting to bloom and I will take some pics soon of those. From what I read, these reseed freely too! I guess I won't have to worry about this little skinny flower bed anymore, huh???

3 comments:

Char said...

Debbi, so pretty in your skinny little bed. Love that. Char

Sherry said...

Debbi these flowers are beautiful with their many shades of blue/purple...and it proves that even something that can be "problematic" can spread it's joy and beauty!

Pink Slippers said...

i do so bad with seeds. yours are just gorgeous.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline