About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

14 February 2009

I will miss Kona this year

Usually after Valentines Day I start to really get excited about our spring tropics vacation which we take almost every year sometime in April or May. But things just did not work out for 2009, so home bound we are and I am blue, not being able to look forward to spending time on my favorite Hawaiian island--Kona or more properly named The Big Island. This is one of my favorite pictures (I even have it on my as my computer wallpaper most of the time). It overlooks a small bay near Keauhou. That is a Sherton Resort in the distance. We rented a condo there one year and this was our breathtaking view from the lanai.

This is one of my favorite sunset pics--everything was so pink that evening

And this is my fave flower--the plumeria! In fact to make myself feel better, I ordered myself some Plumeria bodywash and lotion direct from Hawaii (and its made in Hawaii too)

So it's just dreaming of the warm humid climate of Hawaii this year for me! We are planning a Southern Carribean cruise with friends for 2010, so Kona will wait until 2011.

9 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha...
I'm sorry you could not make it to the islands this time..but isn't it wonderful to know the islands remain in the hearts of those who love them. I am a big Island gal born and raised there. I am now on Oahu, but the Big Island is always home and all my family are still there except me. Kona has grown so much, I can't believe how it looks today from when I was growing up as a child. I dropped by to visit your blog today and enjoyed seeing the island photos.

Blessings Lorie

Country Wishes said...

What gorgeous pics, I havent seen Hawaii for 12 years, but i remember how glorious it was..

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My daughter lived there and I have visited several times. I still have a friend that lives there.
I loved seeing the photo's.
Mona

Unknown said...

I love Hawaii. We took a cruise around the islands a few years ago and it was wonderful. That's where my picture was taken on one of the islands with that blue ocean behind me. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Esther

Kim said...

What a beautiful picture of Hawaii. So sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the trip there this year. I've never been to Hawaii myself and dream of going there someday. Looks like pure heaven after the cold and snowy weather we've had here in Minnesota this winter.. Take care.

Unknown said...

Hi, Debbi! What a blessed time for you when you were in Hawaii. I'm sure you'll go again! I'd love to go some day.

I wanted to pop in and let you know I'm having a giveaway on my blog, A Fine Feathered Nest.

Come on over and put your name in the hat.

mimi said...

Hi Debbi,
We used to travel back to Maine every year for our Anniversary in October. We honeymooned there and it holds such special memories for us. As our son got older it became harder and harder to take him from school so we have not been in such a long time. I know exactly what it feels to be homesick for your favorite place. I hope you will be able to return soon.
xoxox
Mimi~

Lynn said...

It is no wonder you will miss your favorite island this year, it looks like paradise. Sorry you can't go this time sweetie.

Journal Swag said...

Well, I'm sorry you can't make it to Hawaii this year. Bummer. I hope something just as wonderful happens to you!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline