About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

22 July 2013

Summer on the front porch

Over at Etsy Cottage Style, I joined in on a creativity challenge that was to create an "outdoor space" be it for dining or relaxing. Since we spend most of our outdoor time on our backyard patio were I have always focused my decorating, I decided to focus on our large front porch. It does have seating, and we have a beautiful view of farmland and mountains, but I have really neglected it the last few years. I needed this challenge to make it a lovely place for evening relaxing with a glass of wine.

  Many of you follow my blog know I have been obsessed this summer with apple green. But I do love the combo of yellow and blue too. I already had a lot of yellow going on here so decided adding blue would be inviting in my dark red porch.


As you know, I am a believer in "use what you have", so there is nothing here I went out and bought. The yellow chippy plant stand serves a coffee table. It was a cheap estate sale find that I spray painted and distressed. That cover on the bench is just and old round table cloth I threw over the bottom cushions.




Love this rusty kitchen scale I found at an estate sale this weekend! I actually sanded some of the rust off to smooth it out. The yellow star vase was part of the Bauer pottery set that belonged to my grandmother. An old mason jar full of cornflowers is the perfect country blue.

  A jelly jar of yellow coreopsis is just the sweetest!


  A bit wider view of my updated seating area. I drug the hubs out here to see what I had done, he actually was impressed, his comment was we should sit out here this evening since it is so nice. Now I am impressed because most of the time he really thinks all my fussing around is a waste of time, but he knows I enjoy it LOL.


I planted huge baskets this summer so they would look good thru the end of September. These are only half full, image how big they will be in a month!
 Sharing what we see from our porch, the pics do not do it justice. Below, we had a new full moon last night. It made the porch makeover extra special!





Joining in these parties this week (lots of them!)
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.
Cottage Style @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time Interiors
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage  (May 1st – Oct 1st)
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Anything Blue @ The Dedicated House
Fabulously Creative @ Jennifer Rizzo
Farm Girl Friday @ Fresh Eggs Daily
Friday Redouxs @ Redoux
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Shabbilicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground 
Anything Blue Friday @The Dedicated house



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! My flower baskets are failing in all this heat we've had!

From The Heart said...

This is so beautiful! Makes me want to come and sit on your porch!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like a lovely spot to sit and relax, Debbi! I love your Adirondack chairs.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love the blue and yellow with the red backdrop....so inviting. I have always wanted to have a porch party and yours would be perfect for that!

Sweet Vintage Home and Garden said...

So pretty and inviting!!! Nothing like a sweet porch to make you slow down and sip sweet tea or lemonade:) I hope you enjoy many days on your porch!!!
Juanita

Bernideen said...

I absolutely love your porch and I think it is wonderful that you created your own baskets too! You have a lovely blog!

Debbie Kay said...

Your porch is picture perfect. I am enjoying your blog very much.

Smiles,

Debbie

New Jersey Memories said...

What a lovely home you have. The photos are great!

Your blog is so pretty and I love your header.

Shweta said...

Beautifully setup..I loved the pics, can imagine the fun to sit and just relax:)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a beautiful porch. It's a lovely spot to sit. We sit on our porch as often as we can. I have coffee or tea out there in the morning and sometimes cocktails in the evening. That last picture of the fields and moon is so pretty.

Sylvia said...

I love your porch. Those hanging baskets are just gorgeous!

Joani said...

Love all the things on the porch. Such a great place for relaxing. Thanks for sharing.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Your porch is wonderful. Looks like your hanging pots are doing great... and your view from across the street...stunning!

Trisha said...

I love your porch...looks so cozy and pretty!

~Trisha

deb said...

I envy your front porch! I've always wanted one, but wouldn't you know the only house left when we bought was the only design without one!
You've done a beautiful job to make it look so inviting.
*hugs*deb

Connie said...

Your flowers are so lovely. It is so hot and dry here that I'm having trouble keeping my flowers from cooking. I love your porch, too. What a wonderful place to kick back and relax :)
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Bernideen said...

Just letting you know that this post from last week was featured for this week's Tea In the Garden!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline