About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 July 2009

Yum, it's marionberry season

....and I picked up 2 flats of these yummy berries this weekend. Visions of pie, scones and jam for the year ahead! The best part-- fresh over my yogurt and granola for breakfast this morning!


I did a guest blog feature on this berry over at the French Cupboard Vintage Journal blog too!


11 comments:

Cindy Shea said...

Yummy! I have never seen Marionberries here in California. They look very similar to a blackberry though....are they?

blushing rose said...

I don't think 99% of this country knows what a Marionberry is ... but let me tell you, until you've had a Marionberry pie, you haven't lived. It is just short of heaven ... this is like the wild black berries that grow in the wild, particularly around old logging camps ... those two are the most exquisite berries ever.

As children we used to go with Mother out to the old logging camps, tredging thru the woods with our picnic lunch & spend the day picking these berries ... to become pies & james.

Oh, yum! for all that hard seating work. TTFN ~Marydon

Dawn said...

My mother-in-law just dropped off some berries that look just like your. She just calls them berries but I wondered what they were. They tasted great!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh my those look delicious! I'm so envious.

Say, MaidenShade Matters is having a give away and I'm letting people on my "where I wander" blog list know. Please, pass it on!

Thanks, Jennifer
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

June said...

Yum! I love your gorgeous china pitcher and all! Now you've gone and made me hungry!
Smiles,
June

Tara said...

Yum! I love these berries in a cobbler or a jam!

Lisa said...

Oh these are just the best!! How lucky you found them!!
Hugs, lisa

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I was doing some blog hopping this morning and hopped onto your your blog. I must say it's the prettiest place I've landed in a while! I love your style, your warmth, your hospitality. I'll be back! Have a nice day! Twyla

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a beautiful blog! I've signed as a follower and hope you'll come visit me too when you have a moment!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

mmmm mmm ...scones...marionberries..deelishous!

(())

Vicki said...

Hi, Debbie, I just found your blog although I have purchased things from you on Etsy. You have a beautiful blog. I just recently started a blog, but I am very much a beginner. Hopefully, I can add some pictures and colors to mine. I love the beautiful tea and toast set that I received from you today. They were just my style.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline