About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

26 February 2010

Thank goodness it's Friday


So glad this week is over! My father in law has been ill, then had surgery, and his recovery has been rough. But now things are looking up and maybe somewhat back to normal at our household! I am looking forward to a weekend full of creativity, since the weather outside is expected to be heavy rain. But all is good, since last weekend was sunny and the roses got pruned, and I made a dent in the weed patch...and oh, the daffodils are blooming full force!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful while we are under nearly 2 feet of snow it will awhile before we see any spring flowers!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Marilyn
xxoo

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ I am in the same region as Marilyn, BURIED in snow & it is presently snowing as I write. The store tulips & daffodils are getting to me, tho ...

Glad to hear that Dad is doing better.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

The French Bear said...

Nice to know things are getting better, I think everyone is eager for spring for some reason!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I'm glad to hear your Father in law is doing better. It's tough when someone is ill in the family.
It was difficult for everyone when my mother was so ill for so long..and before that, Dad.

I need to see about getting my blog changed a bit. When you have time can you email me? Something a bit more Spring? :)
Love,
Mona

Shirley said...

It is not fun when there is sickness in the family. Prayers do a lot for all of us. I think I would sooner have some rain then the snow we got plus the possibilites of more this Sunday. I am terribly tired of it. I am so ready for spring and I was glad that it was Friday. Your Missouri Friend.

Unknown said...

So glad your Dad is better. Prayers to you all.
We had another 1-2" of snow overnight..yippee...but believe it or not daffodils and tulips are trying push thru! It hasn't been in single digits for long periods and during the day it get up to 32-45 somedays. With the snow that is on the ground it creates a hotbed effect and they love the 33-40* temp to keep em for longer periods.
Well, better get to gettin. The computer at work crashed after Microsoft did an update and they have to figure out what they did.

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

In my part of this world, we are not getting much snow - the East is getting it all! Cold still though. Can't wait for spring! Debbie, I just love your German Berry bowls - soooo pretty!
Have a great weekend,
xoxo
Marilyn

A&J's Flower Press said...

Hi Debbi! Thanks so much for stopping by our new blog. It's still very bleak here in Ohio, but
at least the shop is Springy. We figured it was still cold up in the great Northwest!Again, thanks for asking Melody to contribute to ECS and allowing us to join in too.
Hope you stopp back soon.
Alma and Melody
A&J's Floral Boutique
A&J's Flower Press

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline