About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

26 December 2010

Vintage Alphabet Party December

It's the last party of the year!


The last letters of the alphabet Y and Z

For Y, I choose vintage fabric Yo Yo's. these became popular back in the 1930's and 1940's. Little fabric rosettes shirred into circles. They were most often made into quilts. They were popular again in the 1970's when they were fashioned into "hippie vests". In the mid 90's, patterns were introduced and more recently plastic templates became available making them extremely easy to make. 
I love to use them in my textile art too. Here are a couple examples of past work.


For the letter Z, I chose (and yes I am dating myself here)
Led Zeppelin
mid 1970's rock group one of my faves back in the day
so how's that for throwing something unexpected in?
Wasn't a Zeppelin also a blimp??



Hope you enjoyed...if you want to join our party, hop over to

4 comments:

Judy said...

What pretty items made with the yo-yo's! I have lots of the yo-yo's, too. Hope you don't mind if I list those when I do the Alphabet Party. On my list of things to do this week. Yes, a zeppelin was a blimp.

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great post! Never thought of those.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I saw Led zep in concert. those were some "hazy" days!

I wanted tell you that my grandgirls went crazy over my stocking that you made! ♥

Janie Fox said...

Love your yo-no's. My mom made stockings for everyone this year with yo-yo's on them. Thanks for visiting my blog. I think we do have a lot in common!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline