About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

09 February 2011

4th generation



4th generation. That's what the gift tag said.  For the last few years, every birthday my mom gives me a piece from her vintage collection of glassware and porcelain. This time it was extra special, as it is a piece that I have admired for many years. It belonged to my great grandmother. Not an expensive piece by any means. It has lots of flea bites and some imperfections. Simply the beauty lies in the shape of the bowl and the tiny intricate forget me not hand painted flowers inside and outside the bowl. And the fact that it belonged to a great grandmother that I never got to meet. A true family heirloom that I will treasure as much as the 3 generations before me.

5 comments:

From The Heart said...

The bowl is beautiful..and belonging to your Great Grandmother....How special! I love vintage glassware and dishes.
GreAt post.
Blessings,
Shirley

Unknown said...

Love every flea bite & imperfection ... the delicate floral would capture me. What a sweet piece for your Mother to share with you ...

Happy Valentine's ~
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful, Debbi!

"Flea bites" That's a new one for me! Cute. ♥

Heirlooms For You said...

Wow. What a special birthday gift. I know it has to mean a lot coming from your Great Grandmother through your Mother. It is a beautiful piece without the beautiful story. I still get a lot of nice compliments on my beautiful blog you made. Thank you. Carol

Anonymous said...

Debbi,those are beautiful!!! Love all the vintage pieces...Thanks for sharing.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline