About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

23 February 2011

Stepping outside my color box

Recently I stepped outside the box...color wise that is. Normally, I create with shabby soft and pastel colors. But a trip to the fabric store last fall I saw this amazing collection of musical fabric. I had to buy some since I have a dear friend whom her life passion is devoted to music. She is a cello player and has a lovely music room. This fabric had her name written all over it!.
I was not sure what I would create for her, but I bought 4 fat quarters and presented them to Georgienne asking her what she might want made. First it was a chair cushion, then she decided a scarf for her piano would be nice.
That was in December. Here a couple months later I finally got the time create something awesome for her piano....I love to add something vintage to all my creations and with this piece I had some aged 100+ yr old lace that was a perfect match.....and she loved it!


Georgienne emailed me this pic today of the scarf in use!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty Debbi ! Lucky friend !

Mary Ann said...

Oh how thoughtful of you! I am sure your friend will love it.

PoetessWug said...

Oh! That is beautiful fabric!! I can see why she loved what you made out of it! :-)

Art From The heart said...

very pretty...love the fabric.
Hugs, Amy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

that looks wonderful and what a thoughtful gift !
(())

Shirley said...

I like the picture showing it in use. It made a lovely present to her and you can tell how much she loves it. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

That runner struck just the right 'note' to complete her vignette;)

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline