About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

08 April 2011

Cottage Garden Party



I started this party over at Etsy Cottage Style blog on the first day of spring, but my garden here in western Oregon was far from ready to photograph! But today we had a beautiful day.....

click on the pics to see the detail

and I stopped work on my art and made myself go tend my garden. So I am sharing with you a few of things blooming right now. I weeded the biggest patch of weeds I have ever seen, and snipped back the Sally Holmes rose you see in the left of the pic above.






The birds have not discovered the berries on this Winterberry bush yet...

A few years ago my hubby put out this bench so we could enjoy the lovely farmland and mountains to the east of our home. It was so inviting today that I actually spent an hour just sitting and soaking up the beauty of spring!

Care to share whats blooming in your garden???? Join us over at
Etsy Cottage Style Blog

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Debi, The only thing blooming is my magnolia tree. I just don't have time for a garden and probably won't for a while. I would take some of your sunshine if you would send it please. Have a great weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Beautiful pictures AND What a gorgeous view! I am still not quite ready for pictures YET. But once things start to pop out there, they come fast! I will definitely be checking things out as I work in my gardens tomorrow...
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Donna

PoetessWug said...

We still have a bit of snow on the ground in some areas, so Spring has not completely sprung here yet! :-) But I enjoyed looking at your garden! Thanks for sharing...And I have a similar wrought iron designed bench in my backyard too. :-)

Puumuli said...

Very beautiful pictures! Nothing is blooming in my garden yet because we have some snow left...

Sari from Puumuli

cottonfieldfarm said...

Oh Debi, It was worth the wait! What beautiful roses. I don't think I have ever seen roses like that! In the bottom picture, are those bleeding hearts? They are so lovely. But I have to say, the loveliest flowers in your garden are the Lynsie and the Lilian flowers:) Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful spring week. God bless. Regina

Debbi said...

Regina, nope those are not roses, they wont bloom here until June. The yellow flowers are a variety of daffodil. The bottom pic is a pink Andromeda, that is just finishing up blooming.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I know what you mean about weeds-I have never had as many as I have this year!Things are really popping out here in the South, my roses are georgeous this year.Your daffodils are lovely, one of my favorites.

Lisascraftiques said...

Visiting From Etsy Cotatge Garden Party. We've had a few weeks of beautiful weather and I've really enjoyed getting in the garden. Your blooms are lovely and your home is just charming!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline