About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

05 June 2011

Sunday Garden Stroll..

Okay, my garden needed extreme attention and it got it this weekend. I set aside my sewing and creating to take advantage of the first 80f weekend of the year here in western Oregon. I weeded, I planted and I mulched. As you will see, everything is at least 3 weeks late....my foxgloves are usually 1/3 taller and done blooming by now..and not a rose open in site! Lots of buds tho.

Here is today's visit to my cottage garden....throughout the season I will share as things progress and change...I am still chasing the cottage garden that is ALWAYS in bloom....





Korean Lilac












21 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Looking good!! I love the flat stones along the walkway...Can't wait to see the roses! :-)

Mary Ann said...

What a beautiful visit into your lovely garden! Thank you!!

Art From The heart said...

Your garden looks lovely.Things are slow to bloom here in Mi. as well. It doesn't help that temps.still go in the 40's some nights.
Thanks for the garden stroll.
Hugs, Amy

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

wow your garden looks so pretty! And no those aren't this years roses, those were taken last year. This year mine are just buds too :(
Terry

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful garden!! I too am trying the Cottage Garden thing in my very small back yard!
Yours is looking very good!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Carisa said...

I am in love with your garden!

Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Your garden looks so pretty! I love your Foxgloves, they are one of my favorite flowers. Have a great day!

debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie said...

thanks you for letting me tour your beautiful garden!

debbie in oregon
http://mygardenofweeds.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

This is my first to your site...I love your garden. Cottage gardening is my favorite...that's what I aim for although sometimes it's hard in my area. I am your newest follower...so I'll be back!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Good morning, Debbi! Your yard looks beautiful..and the stepping stones are something I am working on. I have them out by the fence waiting to be set in. Flagstones also wait to be completed so I am stalled.
I thought I would make myself feel better by coming to see yours and dreaming of the day when mine is finally fnished.
Where you get the time to do all you do is amazing...not to mention keeping my blog looking beautiful!
I thank you for that.
Your yard could and shoud be featured in a magazine! Wow!
Mona

Beth said...

What a charming cottage garden - you spent your time this past weekend wisely!

Mindy said...

Very pretty yard! I love the teacups on posts.

Toyin O. said...

Your garden is beautiful:)

Debbiedoos said...

Your gardens are so beautiful! I can see how well they are tended too..they look like something out of a magazine!

deb said...

You're gardens are so pretty! Love the watering can "pouring" into the birdbath!
*hugs*deb

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

oh Debbi, your garden is beautiful !
It has been so hot here, 90 and 100 everything is wilting.
(())

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful garden and I love your garden art too.

Kathy said...

Look at your yard!~ It's gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. I'm glad you stopped by my little corner of the world so that I could find YOU and see THIS! Wow. Have a great day! Cheers, Kathy

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Fabulous- so glad you shared this at the Tuesday Garden Party! It means there's hope for me. :-) I, too, am always trying to have something blooming...

lemonade kitty said...

Love all the whimsicles in your garden it must be a pleasure to sit in, you have some lovely plants, Lucey x

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline