About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 November 2011

Cottage colors Party ~burgandy~

This month's featured color is
Burgandy


For the November party I am sharing one of my most treasured pieces that was passed down to me. This butter dish belonged to my great grandmother who purchased it about 1905 as I am told. It came with a matching sugar and creamer but those went to a cousin. The pic below does not do it justice, it looks red, but is actually a very deep burgandy color


I also thought I would share a mixed media frame that I created a couple years ago, one of my favorites featuring a little girl in a burgandy dress.


3 comments:

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Love your burgundy things. I don't have a turquoise item anywhere in my house, so I didn't post on that one, but I do have some burgundy. I just posted on the Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy weekend and want to leave that up for a couple of days, but will try to put up some burgundy treasures later in the week. Love, Linda

Puumuli said...

What a beautiful burgundy dish you have got! It is always nice to know the history behind the old things you have.

I hope your new week is nice over there!

Hugs,
Sari from Puumuli

romance-of-roses said...

Wow, how lucky you were to get this butter dish from your great grandma. What a fabulous treasure. Hugs...Lu

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline