About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

30 April 2012

Spring 2012 Art Challenge

I finally was able to get this challenge finished over the weekend! 






Even tho I primed this TWICE and 2 coats of paint, the old stain wanted to bleed thru, so I just matched the lining paper to color coming thru


here is the before pic of this box I gave new life to...



There still is a month to join in this art challenge which is open to any art medium as long as you use this image! Click on the image below to see all the fun details!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The box turned out soooo beautiful! Lovely job!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. Yours is lovely as well. Happy May Day!

Paula said...

Beautifully done!

Jenah Martin said...

Hi Debbie,
Beautiful work! I love these.
xo

Tammy's in Love said...

What a gorgeous transformation! I love her tiara and the girly-girl lace trims. That treasure box will make someone happy!

Tammy

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is gorgeous. Love the upcycle and your cute little sparkles are so fun. She is just the cutest image. Thanks for sharing this Good Luck.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful box, Debbi! I just found you through Marsha's blog {Tattered Chick}. You have a beautiful blog here. I wish I had found you before the art challenge swap; it seems like it was a fun project!

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Oh my gosh, you really did a beautiful job on that box! When I saw the original I couldn't believe it. Your blooming crabapple is so beautiful as well. Don't you just love spring!

Celestina Marie said...

Your creation turned out just beautiful. I love it and what a fabulous before and after. You do such awesome work.
Thank you for hosting this challenge. It was fun!

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Great challenge. I love the little image of a girl.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline