About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

09 April 2012

What's cookin in the cottage kitchen April



I have to apologize, I have really neglected my blog recently. With a day job and juggling my website business that has been really busy the last 3 months, I had to prioritize...so the blog was one of those low on the list. And I miss these fun parties....so when this party happened by I thought I would share a dessert recipe I did for Easter. I had to borrow Martha Stewart's picture since I didn't take one of my own. I used a pink bucket with pink and purple tulips and a kids shovel. My granddaughters thought nana was crazy serving "dirt" for dessert, but soon found out it was really yummy. My recipe is a lower fat version, the original uses regular oreo cookies.

Dirt

Ingredients

  • 1 package Chocolate graham cracker
  • 8 ounces lite cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 packages  vanilla instant pudding
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups cups milk
  • 12-ounce carton frozen Lite whipped topping, thawed
  • Candy, for decorating

Directions

  1. If using a flowerpot with a drainage hole, reserve 1 cracker to place over hole to prevent leaking. Place remaining crackers in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture resembles dirt. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter, and stir until creamy. Set aside.
  3. In another large bowl, whisk together instant-pudding mixes and milk; stir until well blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold pudding mixture into cream-cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
  4. In a flowerpot or bucket alternate layers of cookie "dirt" and pudding mixture, starting and ending with cookie "dirt." Chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with gummy worms and silk flowers

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Stranger! I love that recipe!
Always scooped up when I make it for Jim's family get-together's

Jen at Little Cottage Chic said...

Hi Debbie!
Ooh, this is clever! I'll have to write this down!
I wanted to let you know that my blog has moved, I am now at
Pale Elegance.blogspot.com
I'd love it if you would joim me there!
Hope you had a Happy Easter and take care,
Jenah
xo

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Debbi! Good to see you back here for a moment! We've missed you! :) That dessert looks so good to me right now, I could reach through my computer and scoop some up! :)

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

Congrats-you are the winner of my sticker giveaway!! The company will be in touch with you through your email!

jerry said...

Beutiful blog.... Sorry for my english.I'm italian. Kiss JERRY

Connie said...

Hi Debbi, I just found your blog, it is so lovely and filled with so many interesting posts. It's a beautiful Sunday and I'm just taking a little break, then out to enjoy more of this gorgeous sunshine. I've decided to become a follower because I know that I'm going to want to come back again and again to see what delightful things you are posting about. Your newest follower, Connie :) Please come on over and visit, you just might decide to follow me, too. Have a great day.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline