About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

21 January 2013

Freezing fog -get me outa here!



uh! Freezing fog...not uncommon here in western Oregon. What is uncommon is for it to hang on for over a week. We are stuck in an inversion here in the southern Willamette Valley. While you can go 50 miles north east or west and see the bright sunshine and almost spring like temperatures--we are stuck in this layer of freezing fog.The weather guy says that the sun is not strong enough to burn off the fog in the winter. The ice was pretty for a day or two, but I am so over it now..bring back the rain and wind (gee thought I would never say that). I will even take a snow event, just let me have some different weather!





I'll be back when it thaws out.....

6 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I have never heard of this but it is strangely beautiful!

hugs,
Debbie

krishna said...

very strange... but pic are so beautiful..

http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

Lesa said...

I'm with everyone so far... the scenes are strange, yet lovely! And so cold-looking. I live in Florida, so this a first for me too.

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Debbi,
Wish we had some of that stark winter beauty here in Texas. All us warm climate folks are in awe!
:)
Maureen

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You may be bored with it, but it looks so beautiful in your pictures, like you live in the kingdom of some ice queen!

My Vintage Life said...

Here in West Texas........we are used to seeing this kind of thing. Hope by now you are much warmer! Stay warm!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline