About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

11 March 2013

The Dress Form Ball

Now that I ditched the day job, I am finally able to join in on one the parties that I really wanted to do last year, but did not have the time................Here is my "girl" and she is ready to go!



http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/


Meet "Floozie". My oldest granddaughter named her that when she was just beginning to talk. I don't know why, I think we may have been playing a game or I said that in conversation the same day, because when I asked her what we should name her she said "Floozie". So the name stuck.

 Floozie is all draped in lace, glitter and bling...
 I loaned her several of my most favorite necklaces for the ball...

 She is bringing her Tattered Gypsy Lace hand bag too....

 Her tattered gauze skirt is full of sparkle and a Goodwill bargain find!

Hope you are coming to the ball too!



24 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love her, Debbi! Great outfit, too ~ that skirt is wonderful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She is just fabulous! I saw the jewelry and just had to see more! Now I'm in LOVE with the bag! WOW! Gorgeous!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Floozie is beautiful. She sports sort of a Bohemian look which brings out the true gypsy in her. I love her jewelry.

Carrie@comfortablycarriedaway said...

I never met a Floozie I didn't like Deb...hahahaha!

Is she coming to the show with us?

Debbi said...

Yes Carrie, Floozie is coming to the Plucky Maidens show with us, she will be the star of the booth!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I wanted to let you know Floozie has made her way to the ball! Her jewelry and purse have been the envy of all the guests and her dance card......Well, when the men heard her name....Her card filled up right away!

Thank you so much for attending the ball, I promise to return Floozie safe and sound!

Carol

Ana said...

Hee, Hee, Hee, what a cute story about how she got her name :-) She looks beautiful for the Ball. Love her necklaces...Oops, I mean your necklaces :,-)

Hugs,
❤Ana

Beansieleigh said...

Well, it's hard to take the name literally, when she is dressed in such pretty things as we see here today! Love the pearls and lace, and the sparkly skirt; but being a crocheter, I particularly like the crochet handbag Floozy is wearing!.. Very nice to meet you, Debbi, via The Dress Form Ball today! ~tina

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I love her necklaces! Great job, my lady Lucy has come to the ball also. I think they will love each others lace! Di@Cottage-wishes

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Well, Floozie is just so darn pretty. I will have to ask Mabel when she comes home if Floozie lived up to her name. I'm sure Mabel will be discreet..Happy Monday..Judy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbi, Your girl is gorgeous and I love that your grand named her. So cute. Love the lace and the bling. She is going to be the Belle of the Ball.
Have fun. Hugs, Celestina Marie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Debbi,
Floozie is so pretty and romantic!!

Love that purse!! She truly is all decked out for the Ball!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Debbie

Dru said...

it's lovely Debbie and thank you for stopping by to say hello - and the kind words. Best, Dru

Nanna said...

she is fabulous!love all the details of her attire
Helen

Createology said...

I adore that your granddaughter named her Floozie. Floozie is dressed far more beautiful than I would have envisioned. This is such a fun ball. Dancing the night away...

Kathy said...

Love your Floozy. I can tell that her and my girl, Mona, are going to hit it off!

debi said...

Oh Debbi, Floozie looks absolutely stunning for the party! And I love the lace handbag she is carrying. Hugs, Debi

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Floozie is such a beautiful girl! Her outfit is so very lovely and Maybel got a bit envious when she saw that gorgeous bag. Now she wants one for next year's ball too. Well, girls ...

20 North Ora said...

Floozie is really decked out and blinged up! Hope she enjoys the ball.

Judy

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Debbi, Floozie is gorgeous!

Irene Helms Designs said...

Floozie is absolutely beautiful!
Irene

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

She is so pretty! Love all the lace and how you put the scarf on her hips. ; )
~Michele

Laurie said...

Lovely!

Debi said...

Floozie is just beautiful Debbi. Loved her outfit! I still haven't made all the rounds to everyone. Between all the blogs I try to get to it takes forever lol! Three of my girls went too and that was just too fun. Carol does the coolest stuff! Can't wait till the next one....maybe I can get all my girls in the next one, boy that will be a chore!

TaTa till later!
Debi

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline