About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

08 July 2013

Hollyhock time

Yep, they are in bloom. They surprise me every year. This summer, they are mostly shades of pale pink and peach. There is one dark red and one or two white.

Appears these two are taking turns.
 The bumblebees were loving these hollyhocks, there were hundreds of them. 
They didn't seem to mind me snapping photos this morning.

 

uh! I am not immune from Hollyhock rust either.


I love this study of white and green, so cool and soothing.

This week I am joining in on these parties
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
It’s Bloomin’ Tuesday @ Ms. Green Thumb Jean
Tuesday Garden Party @ An Oregon Cottage
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Simple and sweet Fridays @Rooted in Thyme

13 comments:

Betty said...

They look so lovely. I think I may need to add some in my yard.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder to plant Hollyhocks! I've never had any but think since my name is Holly that I should! ♥

primrosesattic said...

Wish I had some. They are so pretty.
Next year perhaps.
Rosezeeta.

Stacy said...

I love hollyhocks. They add so much character to a garden. Your hollyhocks are gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Oh I love hollyhocks, your photos are stunning

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

L-O-V-E your hollyhocks! They are very pretty! How awesome!
Deb :)

Unknown said...

I also love hollyhockes and have a lovely peach one that comes each year. Unfortunately this year it seems to be bothered by something and the flowers are stunted. Not sure what it is.

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Debbi,
I love hollyhocks ... sadly I don't have any in my yard! :( Your hollyhocks are stunning!
Blessings,
~Wendy

Deb said...

The hollyhock pictures are very nice! I love those flowers, too, but mine look scraggly in no time! Yes, the white and greens are very soothing. I popped over from Bloomin' Tuesday.

Beth said...

Your hollyhocks are beautiful. Love the ammi majus or Queen Anne's lace along with them - what a nice contrast!

September Violets said...

I've always LOVED hollyhocks, but never have been able to grow them, and it's always so disappointing. Your photos are wonderful ... especially like the pink blooms :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Debbi, your hollyhocks are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! Pop on in and grab a feature button. Hope to see your prettiness again today at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Debbie, I'm visiting from Make it Pretty Monday. Your hollyhocks are beautiful. I have three large plants, the first year they were good, even had a black one, last year and this year they got as tall and formed buds but then buds just dried up and didn't open. Any suggestions? since your's seem to do well..Happy Monday..Judy

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline