About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

23 August 2009

Show off Monday!

A fun new activity over at Etsy Cottage Style Blog!

This is a project that I have been putting off for way too long and I finally did it this summer!
I snapped a picture of a version of these fun pillows at a local craft store below long ago ~I do know that it has been pinned to my bulletin board for at least a year....or more maybe!!

I used snippets of roses fabrics, vintage laces, crochet and tatting. Some hand rolled and ready made ribbon roses make them sooooo sweet.

The pillow above called the "My Party Dress" I used some beautiful vintage laces to form the skirt

This is called "Pretty Ballerina" with ivory tulle, tiny pearls and vintage handmade tatting at the neckline! Both of these pillows are available on my website, you can click on the pics to get there!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!! These pillows are beautiful!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Dear Deb, I can see why you want to "brag" about these...they are gorgeous!!! Thank you for playing!
Marcela

Lisa said...

I love it! Well Done You!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Oh, Debbi, those are so pretty!! Very worth bragging about!

deb said...

Deb, Those are just darling! Very precious, I can see them becoming heirlooms.
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

So lovely pillow, so romantic. Congratulations.

debi said...

Oh, your pillows are sooo pretty! Love the addition of lace and tulle.

pchickki said...

very sweet!!
Patti

LuLu Kellogg said...

These are so lovely Deb....well done!

LuLu~*xoxo

Shirley said...

A neat idea and those are beautiful.

Cindy said...

Very pretty and what a unique idea! I am so glad you bragged about them today! Hugs, Cindy S

Unknown said...

Oh Debbi,
What beautiful applique work. Your pillows are an inspiration!
Melody, Brown GIngham Creations
.....friends stitched together by embroidery threads......

deb said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment :)
*hugs*deb

Cinderella Moments said...

Precious!!

Anonymous said...

those are so pretty and a lot of thought and work....just gorgeous. Come join in on the Rooster Party this coming Friday. The badge is on my sidebar that you can click on for the sign up. It will be fun!

joyh82 said...

Beautiful pillows!!

Chris said...

Your pillows are absolutely stunning!! Who wouldn't love one of these or maybe two!
Great job!
Chris
www.curbyscloset.com

Dru said...

Beautiful pillows and your granddaughter is adorable!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your pillows are so sweet...great job...you should brag!

Vicki said...

Hi, Debbi,
I have been looking at those cute pillows! I love the way you made the dresses on them. Very creative. Have a blessed week. Vicki

David and Christine said...

Hi Debbie-
Thank you for coming over to my blog and leaving a comment I really appreciate it. Oh and these pillows are beautiful. I'm learning how to venture out in my sewing skills.

Christine

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

The pillows are absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for the wonderful pictures. :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I just posted a HUGE Give Away on my blog! Come on over & leave a comment to enter!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Ely said...

Hello. My name is Elizabeth and I live on city Santiago of Chile. As I love cottage, romantis, Vintage, shabby chic. Y am new a member of Etsy cottage Style. No hablo inglés, estoy tratando de escribirlo para comunicarme contigo. Y dont no spekear inglish. You creations, beautiful. Congratulations¡¡ good bay. Kisses.
Ely

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Cute show off!! I love it!!

Debra Howard said...

I have been spending a bit of time here at your blog and what a lovely place to visit. I had a bit of unwilling vacation away from blogland at least visiting others for a time and what a place to come back to. I have truly enjoyed your blog and all your beautiful projects.
Debbie

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline