About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

13 August 2013

Gardens at Village Green Resort

This is a continuation of where I left off on my last post. If you have not read it, go here



To our delight, the resort had lovely gardens. Turns out that the same company, Moonstone, has a resort at the Oregon Garden. They bought this resort and renovated what had become very outdated and run down, to a beautiful and inviting destination.
We had a very lovely room that included a fireplace (which would be quite cozy in the winter) and a lovely little private patio which we enjoyed so much both for morning coffee and a glass of evening wine.


The second night after dinner we decided to meander the many trails though out the gardens. I will bet June and July were even more spectacular since that really is the peak here in Oregon. None the less, I did find some really cool garden whmsey scattered about. Of course snapping a few photos for future garden inspiration for myself! 









above and below, these were hanging on the side of a building, a unique idea. I think I would put a potted trailing plant on the chair.
The old wagon, I think I might paint that just for more contrast






4 comments:

Noel Morata said...

what a colorful and whimsical garden, loved the tour!

Betty said...

I loved the tour too. So beautiful and I love what they did to the bike.

deb said...

Loved the tour! Thanks for taking us along! Love the whimsy, and that bike!
*hugs8deb

Ann said...

The resort looks heavenly!! The garden whimsy is delightful.
Ann

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline