About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

04 September 2014

From my porch


It can be said that summer is having it's last gasp. Here in western Oregon we have had a fabulous summer. No brutal heat waves, not too much rain (in fact not enough). The weather service just announced that this was the warmest average temperatures on record. Ever. Wow, that was hard to believe. But they factor in the night time temps and we did have a lot of warm nights and many 90f+ days.




With all that being said, my garden looks a lot more tired for the first part of September than it usually does. I took these front porch pics 2 weeks ago. I have to truthfully say that sadly the hanging baskets are toast now.


Note to self for next year. I had too many petunias. They need to be sprayed for budworm at least every two weeks. I missed a dose and they were gone within a week. Million bells will be the alternative next season. 

Next on the porch agenda. Something pretty for fall. But not quite ready to stop enjoying the summer weather.....


6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks lovely, Debbi! My one hanging basket (which was million bells) is kind of toast, too, right now. Partially my fault for not watering it the past couple of days and we've had no rain in that time either. They did do much better than the petunias in the sunny spot where I have them hanging from a shepherds hook. We had a nice summer, too. Not too humid and the days it was humid were spread out.

It will be another week or so before I get my fall stuff out and decorate.

Tante Mali said...

This is like a flower fire work! Incredible!
It's fall already here in Austria - too early.
Have a happy weekend
Elisabeth

Kathy said...

Your porch is lovely! I agree, it was a struggle to keep things watered this year and my ferns are crispy-crittered.

sweet violets said...

Your porch is beautiful....what a riot of color!!! Love your front door!!!

Simply Simplisticated said...

WOW! So lovely warm and welcoming a place Id like to sit for a spell...

krishna said...

I'm eagerly waiting to see your porch decoration in fall..:)

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline