About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

21 December 2009

The reason for the season

 In our tiny rural town, there is one home owner that always has a beautiful Christmas lighting theme every year. This year it was  
"Jesus is the reason for the season" 
with  a beautiful Nativity scene. I thought this close to Christmas I would share this theme too with my blogging friends.

Recently I was asked to display some of my hand work on the "artist wall" at our Church.
So since it was close to Christmas, I decided to create a couple stockings with a Nativity theme

Below is an image I created in my graphic program with vintage sheet music
with a scene of Mary and Joesph in the stable with baby Jesus.

I created this lovely cottage stocking using vintage crochet, lace, and vintage jewelry


Here is another image that I created in triple layers


And the finished stocking!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....Stopping by to Wish You & Yours a very Merry Christmas ! !
Love,
Marilyn

CIELO said...

Hi... what a lovely creation...I love the images and vintage soxs, you have created a lovely virtual home in here. I have added you our blog roll. Thanks for stopping by our house in the roses, and may you and yours have a joyful and blessed Christmas

cielo

GwendolynKay said...

Debbi,
What a beautiful talent you have. the stockings are gorgeous!
Wishing you a very merry and blessed CHRISTMAS!
Gwen

Poppy Cottage said...

Merry Christmas!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Absolutely gorgeous stocking! I cannot think of an excuse to buy it though, as my home is filled with handmade ones already...
I must resist!! LOL
Hugs,
Mona

Dawn said...

Hi Debbi, your stockings are so beautiful. I especially love second one with the green.

I just wanted to let you know I changed my blog design again. I was in the mood for something new but my wallet is in sore shape after Christmas so I went with a free background for now. I played with some graphics and did a new header using the same cottage postcard as before. As much as I loved the last two I need some warmth ASAP! Hope you like it. I'm sure I'll be in touch with you again once the money flow is better.

Thanks for all your help.
Dawn

prashant said...

what a lovely creation...I love the images and vintage soxs,

How to make a website

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline