About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

29 June 2010

Fresh Raspberry Fool

Caneberry season is just starting here in Oregon and it is one time I really look forward to, This year I  thought I would share some of my fave recipes as each berry is available. The raspberries are just now starting and the strawberries ending. The recipe below can be used for any fresh berry, but I like it best with fresh Raspberries.
The recipe comes from my Splenda cookbook, so it is pure indulgence without all the fat and calories!

Fresh Raspberry Fool

1 1/2 cups low fat plain yogurt
8 tablespoons Splenda granular, divided
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
12 ounces fresh raspberries
 4 Tablespoons heavy whip cream

In a small bowl combine yogurt,  4 tablespoons splenda, and extract. In a separate bowl, mash berries with 2 tablespoons splenda. Chill both at least 1 hour.

Whip cream with remaining 2 tablespoons splenda until moderately stiff. Fold cream into into yogurt mixture. Swirl berries lightly into cream/yogurt mixture, and pour into elegant glass desert dishes. Garnish with a whole berry. Serves 4.

140 Calories

7 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Looks delightful, I'm making this tonight.
Thanks& Hugs, Amy

fiberdoodles said...

Yumm! It looks wonderful ;0)

Heaven's Walk said...

Debbie - That dessert sounds so easy to make, maybe even I can do it!!! lol! It looks absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sharing it with us. I will be making it this summer since raspberries are my fav!

Have a great holiday!

xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

Anonymous said...

yum!

Unknown said...

Oh, Debbi ... this is not fair, I just ate dinner! Dee-lish!

Happy 4th, sweetie.
TTFN ~ Marydon

LuLu Kellogg said...

Debbi, this looks wonderful! I am going to make this today for dessert :)

Happy 4th My Friend~

LuLu♥

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Oh this looks so good! I'd like to try it with blueberries.

Enjoy the week! :)

Alison

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline