About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

23 June 2010

Roses and June

My roses in the cottage garden--not so good this year. We have had a cool rainy 4 weeks and even the royal rosarians from the Portland Oregon Rose Festival said this was one of the worst years for roses in our area. They need sun! My roses suffered some of the worst black spot I have ever seen. Most the blooms are still quite pretty, but the bush looks awful. I snapped a few pics today, and while trying to edit out the bad leaves I started playing with some of the filters on one of my editing programs. Fun transformations, and I thought I would share with you!


click on the pics to enlarge to see the transformation



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For not having a good year they are certainly beautiful!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Tablescaper said...

Those are some amazing roses. And that was a bad year?

Hope you'll join us Sunday for "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU!Roses???

- The Tablescaper

Denise@alloverroses said...

Your pictures are still beautiful of your roses. We had an unusually harsh winter too. We even had snow here which is quite uncommon for this part of California. My roses are suffering too from black spot and rust. I am still trying to win the battle.
Have a great day!
Denise

The Joy of Needlework said...

Hi I love Roses, however living in Calif. Norther high country does not allow me to grow them. The deers enjoy them as food.
Love your blog and the roses are beautiful. LenZie

Bellas Manualidades by Thais Wever said...

Hola, me encanta tu blog,y todas las maravillas que haces, Dios te bendiga.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline