About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

06 August 2010

My Favorite songs....

A fun blog party I am joining in is "My Favorite Song" Hosted by Cindy at I Owe it All to Him blog.


I had to really think on this one because my tastes in music keep changing through the years. For many years I was into the classic rock, then to a bit more popular easy listening. Then big time into country music...then several trips to Hawaii got me really into the traditional Hawaiian slack key guitar style. Even a big of classical string and piano now and then I guess you could say I like it all....But I also have my favorite hymns...the two that came to mind first are "The King of Love my Shepard is" and What a Friend we Have in Jesus".
My current pop fave is Alycia Keys "Empire State of Mind"
Some old faves--Light my Fire by the Doors--some great memories go with that song
"Imagine" by John Lennon--still makes you think after all these years!

Come join us and share your favorite songs too!

13 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Debbi,
Oh, I love all your songs!!! And yes, our tastes change through the years because there's so much to hear!
I love country because I dance country, but I love so many other kinds too. So, I'm sure glad you mentioned all the different kinds.

Oh, I don't know if you knew I have a new once-a-month challenge called Creative Spirit...It's on Sunday on my whimsical musings blog--you can even post a post you already used...I'd love for you to join in! Your art is so beautiful!
Sending hugs your way,
Cindy

Patti said...

It really is funny how our favorite songs are constantly changing, depending on what genre we're into at the time...or what new song has come out.

I, too, like the hymn, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." Beautiful words.

Blessings to you,
Patti

Char said...

I hear ya on the music front. My tastes change too, but one thing always stays the same and that's my love of the oldies. I can't get enough of Dion and the Beach Boys. Gee, that ages me, but it's all good. You are showing us a star for sure. Your grand daughter is a love, Char

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I'm with you - I've gone from Top 40 to Country - to Hard Rock and now I only listen to Contemporary Christian. I don't think I've ever listed to Hawaiian though!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Gee I have so many ! I love Kris Kristofferson "Why Me Lord", Creedence "Down on the Corner", Los Lonely Boys "How Far is Heaven"

ah too many to list :))

Faye said...

Debbi, you have listed quite a range of favorites and I can certainly relate to changing tastes. One you mentioned is one of my favorites too. The King of Love my Shepherd is. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Jean said...

Did you design the hangar covers that are on a previous post or did you buy a pattern? They are beautiful!

Unknown said...

As an official member of the Baby Boomer Generation - I recognized several with pleasure. But my favorites were your praise and worship hymn songs - especially What a Friend We Have in Jesus - always a wonderful song to sing. Thanks for a delightful visit. :)

Mosaic Magpie said...

You picked a great bunch of songs!
Debbie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It still hurts to think of John Lennon being killed. Some things you never get over, I think.
I love the same music. Music always transports you to another time...another place.

I need to put a feed back on Etsy...and for some reason it always seems so confusing. But..then you know how bad I am with that sort of thing...:) lol

Love my tiny dish..and my sweet pillow. All went into my living room.
Hugs to you Debbi,
Mona

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Great hymn choices! Have you heard the Glee cast version of Imagine? I know it's John Lennon but I really like their version. I got my copy on iTunes.

Scrapping With Sherry said...

I also love all music! And like I said in my post my favorite song changes every time I turn the radion on.

I really enjoyed listening to your playlist while browsing your blog. I havent heard "I can only imagine" for a long time.. I think it was one of my favorites too!

If you have not got a chance to enter my giveaway it ends tomorrow night so you have to hurry. It is at my blog, Scrapping With Sherry, @ http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/

Take Care~ Sherry

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh I love this post because i am passionate about music.
Favorites include;
Hymns; Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art.
Oldies: anything by Ella Fiztgerald and Big Band
Current: Celine Dion, Gosh Groban

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline