About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

27 November 2010

Sharing Christmas Art

click on pic to enlarge

Every Christmas season at my church the artisan group I belong to is asked to display some holiday art. I usually submit something I have stitched up, but this year I decided to do some a bit different. With a 25 cent frame I picked up last summer at a tag sale, vintage sheet music, printed copies of vintage greeting cards, vintage lace, glitter, crystal and pearlized beads in a pile....I came up with this lovely wall display! It felt good to do something a bit outside the box. Most of the church members will have no idea I made it since they will expect soft art from me! Opinions and critiques please...I am just a beginner when it comes to mixed media art:)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out lovely !
Sharon

ShabbyESP said...

It is so sweet I love it!!!
Suzann

From The Heart said...

That is just beautiful! I love it!
Shirley

Unknown said...

It looks awesome..
I truly love it..
Shirley (& Cupid)..

Debbiedoos said...

That is seriously AWESOMENESS!!~ I said it like my teenage boy would! Truly you did a great job. Thanks for entering in the giveaway...GOOD LUCK.

Carriers Cozy Cottage said...

Oh wow Debbi, that is lovely!


Mona

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my goodness, Debbi! That is seriously beautiful! Just think....your mixed media art talent is just beginning! lol!

xoxo laurie

Alissa said...

I saw it in real life and it looked very nice! :o)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

First of all, you know full well that I am a FAN of yours and think anything you do is gorgeous. That is why my blog dress is in your hands. It is a beautiful piece. Anyone with eyes can see it is gorgeous!
OH to have such talent! :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's very nice!!! It looks very vintage which I so love! What a great idea!
Warmly,
deb :)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Very lovely !

Unknown said...

Oh Debbi, It turned out beautifully. I love mixed media art. Have you checked out the Two Crazy Crafters blog on my side bar..they are an inspiration!

Art From The heart said...

Debbi, this is so beautiful...looks like a family heirloom. Hugs

miruku said...

Oh Debbi, this wall art is so sweet! Love it!!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline