About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

31 December 2010

as 2010 goes away....

New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights. 
~Hamilton Wright Mabie

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched.  Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. 
~Ellen Goodman

Happy New Year friends!

13 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

Wow! Your quotes are so true and they make you think of what really matters!

Thanks!
Happy New Year!

stefanie said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!

Char said...

So true Debbi. I have enjoyed your friendship this past year and look forward to sharing more good times. Happy New Year to you and Jim, Char

Shirley said...

Happy New Year Debbi, I wonder if the coming year will go as fast as this year has gone. Have a wonderful weekend. Your Missouri friend.

Unknown said...

Debbi,
that quote sure hit's the nail on the head..Happy New Year!

Heaven's Walk said...

Hmmmm....DEFINITELY going to take a small tour through the rooms in my heart to see what changes need to be made. :) Thank you for the reminder....

xoxo laurie

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Your quote is perfect. Instead of thinking of the things that are wrong in our lives or in our houses-or what we think is wrong-maybe we should make a list of the rights! Happy New Year!

Linda M. said...

Happy New Year Debbie, wonderful quotes, thanks for sharing.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A very Happy New Year, Debbi...I wish all the wonderful things life has to offer you.l
You have been great!
Mona

mel said...

those are both great quotes. the first one completely true for me this year especially. it just felt like any other friday night, except for the feeling of starting anew.
happy new year and all the best in 2011!

Shabby T said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR...
XOXO..
SHABBY T

Bellas Manualidades by Thais Wever said...

I love your blog and of course this new year will not fail to visit.

Happy New Year and many blessings

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Happy new year Debbi, I love your guest room, very pretty!
xoxo
Marilyn

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline