About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

07 December 2010

Western Oregon winter sunrise

I shot these photos just at sunrise this morning!  This was the most magnificent December sunrise I have seen in some time~it literally took my breath away. You can see the Cascade mountains and the snow fields in the second photo. Click on the photos to see full size



I thank the Lord everyday for blessing us with such an awesome view of the farmland, hills, and mountains right outside our door!

TREE UPDATE~ I know you have been waiting to see my Christmas tree. Well, let me tell you, this has not been easy. Not only did I lie about NOT getting a 12 ft tree, but I think this one was well over 15ft. But I got it trimmed down to about 12ft. I had problems with the stings of lights, so I bought new ones, only to have one bad string. So at this moment, I am on day 3 of decorating my tree. But the lights all work now so I trudge ahead...stay tunned

6 comments:

Dawn said...

What a stunning photo Debbi! It really is beautiful.

I bought new lights for my tree this year but when I plugged them in, WOW, they were so bright they hurt my eyes! And it was during the day with the curtains open and the lights on! So my poor tree sits in the corner waiting too.

Unknown said...

I have years like this - nothing working well! You will get it done and will be able to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures!

Char said...

Debbi, it doesn't get prettier than that does it? Gorgeous and beautiful just don't do a sunrise like that any justice.
I am so happy you shared your morning view with us.
Thank you for your comment on my smocking. I was thinking the same thing. I need to get a new pleater, but that is doable. Thanks, Char

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I had the very same problem with my lights on my tree..and they are STILL out!

Your morning sunrise photo's made my heart ache for Oregon. I know this may sounds silly but...it's the smells I miss a lot. The smell of the forest, even the dirt. The water from the well...all of it..I miss.

Are you still having those heavy snow storms? The year we had the "silver thaw" will live in my memory forever. Gorgeous!!
I get homesick.
Merry Christmas...I cannot wait to see that tree!! :)

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Debbie,

What a gorgeous sunrise!! Wowsers, and thanks for sharing! Blessings to you this holiday season.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie, the sunrise is amazing! Isn't it funny how some years those darn lights just simply do not want to work. Last year I bought battery lights for an inside wreath three times and every time they died in one day. I finally gave up. Can't wait to see your 15 foot tree! xoxo

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline