About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

11 December 2010

The joy's of decorating for the holidays...part two

Okay, the monster tree finally got decorated. But taking a photo of it proved to be a monster too.This time of year available light is at a minimum, so I used my big 300 watt floor lamp I use in my studio~hence I got shadows and never could capture the beauty. Ahhh, if only I was a professional photographer.
So if you were expecting a pink tree....sorry. I love pink for Christmas, and I reserved a place for that in one of the photos below...but I also love the old Victorian style. My house is a misson craftsman style, so Victorian works well in my living room.

click on the pics for more detail



the Joyeux Noel banner is new this year. I had it custom made by

this is my "shabby" place with the white tree and white santas

Stay tuned for "part three"  I still need to decorate outside!
yikes..

14 comments:

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow --- that IS one monster tree! It's so nice, tho, that you have a room big enough to put it! It really turned out beautiful! :)

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi! Just wanted to pop in and say hi. The tree is beautiful in any pic! Love the pink and white vignette.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Just beautiful Debbi ! We haven't even started yet.
Our home is like me, not sure what it wants to be, a mix of craftsman and Victorian :)

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Debbi,

Wow, that is a big tree! No matter how hard I try I can't get a good picture of my trees either. Love the pink vignette too!

Debbie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Debbi...I do the same thing. The old fashioned with all the red..and the pinks in the living room. You own a CRAFTSMAN home?! How wonderful!
Recently they built one..a replica..in our neighborhood...so that it would fit in with all the others like it. It's wonderful..and I was all skeptical in the beginning..but it turned out very nice.
LOVE your pinks...gotta have those pinks!
Merry Christmas, Debbi..
Mona

Debbiedoos said...

The banner is adorable, and I love the lace runner too. You reminded me I have one somewhere....now I have to go look for it. Love your tree too.

Shabby T said...

Hi Debbi...
Your pictures are beautiful...
So lovin your tree and the shabby chic tree is breath takin so lovin it!!!
I'm so glad that to see the banner it looks great... I just got a boost to my ego.. It really did turned out nice and it really does go with your theme.. I really enjoyed making it..
Merry Christmas...
xoxo..
Shabby T
www.shabbytammie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhh! Debbi, the trees are perfect ... but I favor the pinkie, of course. Lovely!

Christmas hugs & wishes ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Connie said...

Debbie, it's lovely and so is your blog, sugar! Just delightful. Our granddaughter lives around there also. I love going over there and shopping. She lives near Redmond since she and her hubby both work for Microsoft.
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I love your tree Debbi! and your little pink corner is divine. I used to have a white and pink tree before it was cool to do so...years ago. I haven't used the pink decorations in years. I always put that tree in our bedroom. Maybe it's time to drag that stuff out.....nahhh...maybe next year. It was a very pretty tree. It had clear glass grapes as a tree topper and these huge pink frosted glass balls. I better stop or I will talk myself into going to the shed and pulling that box out. Oh..and I used a vintage crochet runner scarf as the tree skirt. Okay...stopping now! Merry Christmas Debbi. xoxo

Audrey said...

I live in a house of "men" who don't think we need anything more than a tree. Some year I'm going to decorate the house my way!

Dawn said...

Beautiful tree Debi. I have a terrible time with the lighting for photos inside, especially with the gray days of winter. Your shabby tree is lovely too. My daughter has a pink tree in her room but she likes trendy and bright. I wish she would go for soft and shabby! Merry Christmas and stay warm up there!
Dawn

Queen Bee said...

Love your Christmas decor! Beautiful tree!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie,
I simply love your home and your tree is gorgeous. Beautiful against the wall color. Love your mantel and the beautiful scarf that adores her.
You are talented beyond words my friend. The darling pink vignette is a stealer of hearts too.

Many blessings to you and many thanks for all you do for ECS to make a wonderful place for business women and bloggers. I appreciate all your dedicated work.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and all best wishes in the new year.
Hugs and love from Texas,
Celestina Marie

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline