About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

18 December 2011

Cottage colors Party ...red and green!


For this month's party, I thought I would share a favorite holiday recipe of mine, which is served up in beautiful vintage crystal bowl that I hold dear to my heart.

This recipe also was published in the holiday issue of Shabby Lane Shops magazine

Holiday Berry Trifle

A lovely holiday dessert and good for you too!


2 10oz, packages frozen Strawberries, thawed and strained.
(Save the juice)
1 12oz package frozen raspberries thawed and strained.
(Save the juice)
1 12oz package frozen blueberries or blackberries, thawed and drained

1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon Almond extract (optional)
48 oz non fat or low fat Vanilla Greek yogurt (no substitutions)
(Such as Chobani or Fage)
36-40 ladyfingers

In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together raspberry and strawberry juice with ¾ cup powdered sugar and cornstarch. Boil until thickened. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, almond extract, and remaining sugar. Fold I whipped cream.

Place a double layer of ladyfingers at the bottom of a pretty clear glass bowl, next layer 1/3 of the yogurt mixture. Then spoon half of the berries, with a drizzle of the berry sauce.
Layer another 1/3 of the yogurt mixture, followed by a double layer of ladyfingers, remaining yogurt, and the rest of the berries. Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of the berry sauce to finish.

Refrigerate 2 hrs before serving.
Serves 10

Variations include frozen mixed berries, vanilla instead of almond extract.
Angel food cake slices or Vanilla wafers instead of the ladyfingers.


Join us for the party! More details at the 
Etsy Cottage Style BLOG

14 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous!! Would love to have a bite or two. I may make this recipe but would have to share it with my neighbors and friends. Sounds like a good idea! Thanks for sharing!

Familiaentribu.com said...

MMHHH se ve delicioso intentare la receta estos dias! Feliz navidad y gracias por compartirla :D

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I was practically licking my computer screen!!! What a great photo! Gotta try this one.

June said...

I will be trying this one Debbi...YUM!!!
Merry Christmas to you.

sweet violets said...

Oh....yummy!!! Am drooling on my keyboard!!!

sweet violets said...

Oh....yummy!!! Am drooling on my keyboard!!!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Debbi, boy does that look good and pretty too. Have a wonderful Christmas and my best to you and your family! Hugs Marilou

romance-of-roses said...

The berry trifle looks so yummy and made me very hungry. Merry Christmas from my home to yours....Lu

Puumuli said...

A very merry Christmas to you!

Best wishes
Sari from Puumuli

Debra Howard said...

Oh yumm!!! Girl that looks good! So glad I happened by. What a beautiful blog too. Hope you are having a very Merry Christmas!
Debbie

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Oh this trifle sounds delicious!

Happy New Year!

patchworkandlace said...

That looks sooo delicious,just my type of pudding ,thanks for sharing the receipy xxx

Sharyl said...

The first trifles I ever had were the strawberry ones my aunt used to make--so yummy! Then I went many years without having one. When I met my mother-in-law to be, she was also fond of making them, and I was able to enjoy again. She was originally from Australia. When we travel to Australia to see family, we get served trifles every day or two. Such a delicious treat, and each one is made differently.

Yours looks beautiful and so very tasty, and brings back a host of pleasant memories! Thanks for sharing the photo and recipe!

--Sharyl

P.S. That is a beautiful bowl. In addition to all the wonderful flavors that swarm together, don't you think half the fun of a trifle is that you get to see its lovely layers through the sides of the glass bowl?!

Carol Lima said...

This looks so tasty and beautiful :) Your blog is great, very pretty! :)

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline