About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

06 January 2012

a New Years break...part 1

 Going to break this mini vacation into 2 posts....lots of pics to share!

I needed a break and the opportunity was right. We arranged to join our good friends Georgienne and Ted for a New Year weekend get away to Leavenworth Washington. A good six hour drive from our home, we decided to break up the drive and stay the first night in the historic Hood River Hotel located on the beautiful Columbia river gorge. Certainly a step back in time....we loved the charm and character of this well preserved 100+ yr old Hotel. It was the same accomodations my grandparents would have experienced other than now the bathrooms are inside each room rather than shared in the hallway.

although this brass gate elevator was a bit of a pain, it was pretty cool
original Craftman's woodwork and radiators

My room pic didn't turn out so I borrowed one from the website.

For dinner we walked up the street to a Brew Pub, and we climbed  a LOT of stairs to get into the pub, but is was worth it. The brews were awesome and so was the food.
After dinner we snagged a bartender to snap a pic of all of us.


It poured rain that night so we got pretty soaked walking back down to the Hotel.
Stay tuned....
My next post later this week will be sharing our trip to the Barvarian theme town Leavenworth, Washington
If you would like to see more (and better) pics of this hotel here is the direct link
http://hoodriverhotel.com/index.html

4 comments:

Carrie@comfortablycarriedaway said...

Hi Deb-
We went to Leavenworth on a camping trip about 13 years ago...it was beautiful! I'd love to ride the Alki Christmas train there during Christmas sometime. Looks like you had a relaxing time.

Lisa said...

Oh how wonderful! I know you had a great time. I love places like that. I am glad you had such a great holiday!
Hugs, Lisa

yodafatkitty said...

Hood River is one of our favorite towns to visit.
I was so sad that the Kitchen shop there closed.
So many nice little boutiques and shops.
We stay at the same hotel as well.
Just gorgeous.

Michelle said...

It looks like a great holiday!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline