About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 May 2012

Cherub plant stand

This re-purpose project has been hanging around since last summer...I picked this heavy lamp base up at a church parking lot sale last June and it didn't take me long to get it cleaned up and painted. But the hold up was how to attach the saucer to the top. I thought a big glob of "Goop" glue would do it. Nope, that was not strong enough. So I had to call on the other half, my sweet hubby to bail me out. Well as things sometimes go, this was a project waaaayyyyy down his list.

Before pics

So there it sat on the patio all winter. So by the time spring arrived, it needed to be painted again. One day the other half got a wild hair and decided to get this completed for me. I had used a texture paint, but he went over the top with an off white then a shading of pink...hummm. I think he forgot that I wanted to use it for a plant stand....he filled it with water and  proudly announced he had finished my "bird bath". Not wanting to make a big deal out of my intended purpose, I will leave it in the garden (where I already have 2 more birdbaths--this makes 3) and maybe in a month move it and put that big plant on it:) Bless his heart for helping me complete it, I am certainly not complaining!



9 comments:

Connie said...

Okay, I can see a wedding cake setting on this lovely plant stand. What do you think? I think it is calling out for a romantic garden wedding. Connie :) Check out the re-purposed cake-plates on my recent post.

Puumuli said...

What a lovely bird bath you have done! I like it very much!

Have a good new week!

Hugs,
Sari from Puumuli

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful no matter what you wind up using it for, Debbi! I'm sure this could become a real versatile piece for you {i.e. tablescapes, buffet table, holding candles, plant, etc.}. What a great find that base was.

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Debbi,
Your bird bath is so beautiful! I love it!
Hugs,
~Wendy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well...I think it's gorgeous..and at the rate I am going I would have probably made it into a Fairy Garden. I can't seem to stop wanting to turn every container into one. *smile*
It's a lovely birdbath..but..you are right to wait a bit.
Made me giggle when I read that.
Love,
Mona

Wildflowerhouse said...

What a beautiful garden and do leave it asa bird bath. Your fine feathered friends will thank you and it's such a joy to see them splashing about.

romance-of-roses said...

Debbi, this bird bath is awesome. I absolutely love it. I also have three bird baths, it's alright. Hugs...Lu

Cheryl said...

What a lovely thing for your husband to do. Everything I have my husband do for me only starts an arguement ...*sigh*... your lucky :-)

Unknown said...

Debbi,

This piece came out so perfectly and I do love it as a bird bath. What a great find in that lamp stand.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline