About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

14 September 2013

from the top of the world...

Well, not really the top of the world, but it felt like it climbing those bumpy roads that you can only drive with a high clearance 4 wheel drive vehicle. I feel like somebody beat me up.

 We climbed to the top of several mountain ridges, and came across this spectacular vista~Mt Jefferson in the Willamette national forest.

The roads got worse with big chuck holes and washed out areas, but the rewards were so worth it. The little lake above is one we kind of stumbled upon. Jim decided he wanted to climb a more rocky dirt road. At the crest of the hill was this serene little lake.


Above and below is another larger lake a couple miles up the road. This one is Elk Lake. It has a forest service campground, just shy of being a total primitive setup. You bring in your own drinking water.and cart out your garbage.There is no options for a quick run to the store for ice or beer LOL. This is getting away from it all. The peaceful beauty makes you never want to leave.


We figure we have 1 or 2 more outings left before the rain and snow move in. 
Enjoying the beauty in our own Oregon backyard is so wonderful!

7 comments:

Betty said...

I love your pictures, so beautiful. I am hoping to get in shape soon so I can start going on walks in our area. WV is pretty this time of the year.

primrosesattic said...

So beautiful. I would love to camp there, so peaceful.
Rosezeeta.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I grew up exploring and camping in such places! That's probably why I wanted to be a forest ranger. :) After living in so many lower places, those windy back roads scare me now! :)

Stacy said...

I love to four wheel in the mountains but only if I am the head rider. I dislike all the dirt that gets all over me from others. Your photos are gorgeous. I love Mt Jeff.

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful place! I can't even imagine riding along and seeing those mountains embraced by the firs! Gorgeous!!!!

xoox laurie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These are some really gorgeous photos! And right in you own backyard! SO nice.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful backyard. You're havin more fun than an old rednesday.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline