About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

22 September 2013

And we almost stayed home....

Last week I took you with us on our mountain adventure east and this week I am taking you west to the Pacific coast. The one thing about living in western Oregon is that you are never too far from the mountains or the beach.

Yep, we had the dates set aside for the family beach house since last spring. But the weather forecast was not promising at all. Rain. And lots of it. But we decided to go anyway. We brought several movies to watch and figured we would hunker down and just enjoy being away from it all. When we arrived Sunday evening it was cloudy with a heavy mist. We hit our favorite restaurant in Newport, The Chowder Bowl for fresh seafood and of course the clam chowder. We settled in for the night, and the next morning woke to drizzle. By mid morning the clouds broke and out came the sun, And by one o'clock the weather was so fabulous, I was planning a beach hike for us.
This is an easy 2 mile trail that winds just above the beach.



We didn't see any seal pups today, but they are quite common on the beach here

We pretty much had the trail to ourselves...


The above is one of my favorite scenes...the trees show the force of the wind that mother nature doles out on the coast line in winter.
until next time...lots more trails to discover!

Today is rainy and windy, how appropriate for western Oregon on the first day of fall.The forecast is that late this week we get maybe one more peek at the sun with some warm weather before the eternal rainy season sets in. And maybe one more chance for an outdoor adventure?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a lovely time to be out and about :) Thanks for sharing with us. Hugs!

primrosesattic said...

The coastline looks beautiful.
What a wonderful walk.
Rosezeeta.

Betty said...

What a beautiful trip to go on. I love the sea.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbi,
Your trip on the coastline looks like the perfect place to be for the first day of Autumn. Love your pics and the views are awesome.

Thank you for stopping by and your vote.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

The picture with the ocean in the background, and the split rail type fence, reminds me of an old black and white movie...Wuthering Heights...or...Suspicion...or...maybe Lassie Come Home...I love it!!!!! I hope one day to be able to visit!!!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline