About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

15 February 2015

Vintage Alphabet Party

http://etsycottagestyle.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-vintage-alphabet-party-february.html

This month's  challenge letters were D, E, F
 I just chose one letter this month "E" and am running with it. I love to share vintage images, so here is a couple of favorites for Easter. Right click to save these copyright free images and use them in your own art, there is plenty of time before "E"aster arrives April 5th


I'm also sharing a post and tutorial from a couple years ago for the letter "E" for "Easter Eggs"
"E"asy to create too!

 Starting with a wire basket I found at a thrift shop...I loved the handle! 
 I used styrofoam eggs, and used pinking shears to cut lots of fabric strips.
I prefer to use Fabric-Tac glue, it seems to work the best.

 Starting at the top of egg glue 2 strips in a "X" fashion

Then work the next strips overlapping until egg is completely covered.
I also used snippets of lace and crochet on some of the eggs. 
Added some raffia to the basket and viola!

2 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love those easy to make eggs! Very creative!

ThreeOldKeys said...

Sweet - I love old postcards. The one with pussy willows, forget me nots and eggs is a beauty!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline