About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

24 February 2023

The art of the Embellished Journal

What started as a Birthday gift for a friend who journals all her travels, I have come to enjoy decorating simple journals into works of mixed media art!






 It's almost become the thrill of the hunt when I run across some these treasures in the most unexpected places from a craft store to a thrift store to an estate sale.


The covers are a composition of art using bits and pieces of vintage lace, crochet, beads, babbles, even some steampunk elements. I often surprise myself when I finish because I never really had a plan to start with on how I am going to embellish each journal!




I use a mix of scrapbook and my own graphic design papers to create inside covers, pockets, tags, postcards, stationery and evelopes.



I chose a variety of themes from Vintage Seaside (above) to
Gardening journaling (below)



To see my current inventory of Embellished Journals
(always changing too)


  


1 comment:

Nancy Barber said...

I love thrifting and estate sales, too. Your journals are gorgeous!

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline