About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

21 April 2009

Lynsie's camping trip

We saw the forecast for a sunny April weekend, so we loaded up our motorhome and our 18 month old granddaughter Lynsie. Thinking back, we never took our kids camping that young, (but we only had a tent back in the day), and I now I realize why at this age taking them off their regular schedule--well there was no schedule as far as Lynsie was concerned--is challenging to say the least. We were glad when her mommy showed up the next day! We camped at Detroit Lake in the Cascade mountians of Oregon. This is a reservior, and it will not be completely full until mid May, but still breath takingly beautiful!

A true little camper, she claimed her own personal chair upon arrival

She was a bit impatient waiting arround to head down to the lake

More interested in the rocks than posing for a pic with nana!

9 comments:

The French Bear said...

Oh Gramma, she is a doll! What fun you must have had!! Although I do admit, it nice to see mommy coming up the drive! Ha ha, I love having the grandkids, but I am pooped when they are gone!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Lucky girl to have young grandparents and lucky grandparents to have such a doll!

Ivy Bend said...

What a cutie-pie! And how brave of you to take such a little one camping.

Char said...

Oh Debbi, she and you both look so happy and ready to have fun. I don't think there would have been much relaxing on your part, she surely would have kept you and her grandfather on the run!! Beautiful place to be, Char

shabbyrose said...

She's adorable! I live in MT, and can't wait for the snow in the mountains to melt so we can camp too!
~Stacey
Shabby Rose Boutique

Shirley said...

She is such a cutie. They are so much fun. I haven't taken the boys on a trip. I have taken the older two out for lunch and etc. I have taken the youngest, but not brave enough to take all three. I don't know about you but they do wear me out.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

That little tot is having the time of her life you can tell!!!
I excited about expecting my fifth great grandchild and I am sooo happy. All the grands are grown or nearly grown. Youngest is 15 and 17 so it is about over in that department..and it seems impossible.
Enjoy every single minute..:) I did!
Mona

Marie Reed said...

She's as cute as a button!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am trying to contact you about the blog. Maybe sending me your email would help. I love the "say it with roses" style. My blog is
_http://www.marthasfavorites.com/_ (http://www.marthasfavorites.com/) . I would like you to look
at that. I like the title on mine. I need you to do it all for me. Also,
show me how to work it. I have so much trouble. It is hit or miss with me
and that blog. I need to really know how to work it. Please let me know if
you just need to send me a bill or do I just go on Etsy? Thank you in
advance for helping me. You do not know how great it makes me feel. Will
talk soon, Martha

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline