About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 October 2009

French Cottage with a tropical twist...

I recently redecorated our master bedroom. Now this room is especially challenging. My other half in our home~Jim~ knows I love pink, but draws the line on lots of flowers in my decorating. So we compromise. I live with most of my pink roses in my studio, my garden and my dreams! His guns and hunting things are in his shop. It works.

We have this beautiful bedroom set~made by Stanley~a Victorian reproduction that we have owned for about 15 years. Victorian style screams to have lots of lace and roses, but I had to find a balance where I could love it and so could Jim.


As you can see there are still some flowers*chuckle* but subtle. I call this Victorian French cottage with a tropical twist style! And I literally did this redo on a shoestring budget! Most of the fabric I used was fabric I already had. The art on the walls was on clearance or I picked up at a off price store. The quilt was on clearance too! The lamps from TJ Maxx, The green toile side drapes were from Ross, the center drapes from a piece of fabric called Waverly Malibu Palm (hence the tropical twist) I stitched all the pillows and pillow shams except for one which was almost an exact match to the lamps. The total redo was less than 200 bucks!

I hope you enjoyed~sorry my pics are not that great. It was hard to get the coloring right. The first pic is probably the most accurate of coloring.

...an now on to the master bath....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom set is gorgeous!! I think if you "ease" in some flowers every once in awhile he would never know.... Tee Hee!!
Beautiful do-over!!
Love,
Marilyn

Alissa said...

Lookin' good!

Can you come make my master bedroom look that nice and clean? :o) Thanks! :-D

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

LOVE your bedroom.

Mary Ann said...

Oh, I really like it!! You did a great job.

Janet Happy Girl said...

oh I really think your bedroom is lovely...congrats on doing a beautiful job

Unknown said...

Oh!! your bedroom is gorgeous.
Está muy bonita.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a lovely makeover on a shoestring budget. Compromise is good and the room looks great! Best wishes, Tammy :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Lovely....I think men really do like the pink and the flowers, they just don't want to say it out loud! :-)

Blessings,
Spencer

Unknown said...

What good that you were,also good at finding compromise with your husband. I find that your bedroom is amazing. I love this genre a bit 'mixed. Come to see me I'll be happy!

joyh82 said...

What a beautiful bedroom set! I love that bed.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline