About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

21 November 2009

Pink Roses Heaven Part II

As many of you may remember, last spring, I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely 91 years young lady named Irene Marshall who hand paints china and porcelain. I remembered on this visit to bring a good camera, rather than trying to snap shots with my cell phone. I had so many pics, I decided to create a slide show. I wish all of my blogger friends had the opportunity to visit her studio in Salem, Oregon. Truly a remarkable lady. I walked away with a large box of her beauties that I will be listing on my website soon. I hope you enjoy her lovely hand painted treasures as much as I do!




10 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh my....her work is amazing. To have that kind of talent is just wonderful.

LuLu~*xoxo

littlethings1 said...

That is amazing ! My mom is an artist , she is 90 right now but can no longer paint . You purchased a lot of wonderful things !!

Sheila said...

I do remeber that visit you made. I was so impressed at her ability to paint at that age. Very beautiful .

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

:::swoon::: Her work is truly MAGNIFICIENT! How could a person ever narrow it down to chose just a few pieces??? I want it ALL!

Unknown said...

Manos maravillosas. Excellent work!!!

Martha's Favorites said...

How could you pick? Everything is stunning. I remember the last pictures you posted about this lady. Wow, they only get better! Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day! Martha

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shabby Jen said...

I think she has been here to TN a few years ago. I have a couple little items a very old woman painted. I bet it was so hard to choose. It was all soooooooooo beautiful.
I am following you now, won't you follow me?

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

We'll be in Portland after Christmas....Where is this lady's studio? I'd love to see it....We might just have to buzz over! Her things are beautiful.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Debbi said...

shoot me an email Spencer before you get to town. I will give you her phone#. She lives in Salem, not to hard to find off I-5 and Hwy 22

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline