About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

02 December 2009

Christmas cookie party!

Etsy Cottage Style blog is hosting a Christmas Cookie exchange Party!
Click on the pic to join in!




this is my hands down fave!

Christmas Sandwich Cremes
I always make 2 batches because I can eat one all by myself!


1 cup butter (no substitutes) softened
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 cups all purpose flour
sugar

Filling:
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) softened
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons real vanilla
food coloring

In a mixing bowl, combine butter, cream, and flour;mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle. Divide into thirds;let one portion stand at room temperature for 15 minutes (keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll out). On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8" thickness. Cut with 1-1/2" round cookie cutter. Place cut outs in a shallow dish filled with sugar; turn to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Prick with a fork several times. Bake at 375f for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
For filling~in mixing bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Tint with food coloring (I use half red and half green)
Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on half of cookies, top with remaining cookies. Makes about 36-40 cookies.

18 comments:

blushing rose said...

Oh, how yummy! I will have to try the cookies.

TTFN ~Marydon
PS Pop over & follow our new blog ~
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
... and ... our giveaways

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Those are darling!!! So festive...will certainly give tem a try! Thanks for sharing, Happy baking! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Unknown said...

oh yummy & they look so gorgeous. I love their presentation. Check out ours at TesoroFino.com. While visiting our blog, don't forget to click "Follow" & "Subscribe" for great chances to win and quick, hot off-the-press instant updates.

deb said...

Those look so festive and fun to eat! Will have to try them
Have a great day!
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

These look festive as well as delicious!

GwendolynKay said...

Your cookies look and sound delish!! Your blog is very charming. Blessings!
Gwen

Sheila said...

Debbie thanks for stoppin in for a nice warm cookie. I have you a glass of milk pourd if your thirsty.. Sand Tarts are the best ever.. crispy, and sooooooooooooo good. Happy Holidays....

Mary Ann said...

I will try this recipe for sure! Yummy!

Alissa said...

Yummy... those are some of my favorites! I am in the mood for cookie making. We should plan a day here soon to do that. I think the baby wants some more sugar! LOL!

Chris said...

These sound delicious and look lovely too! I will definitely try them.
If you love Chocolate Mint check out my blog recipe.
Happy Holidays!
Chris
www.curbyscloset.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this recipe. I've been looking for some new ideas for this year's Christmas party, so I'll be trying these. They look delicious!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dena said...

These do sound yummy! They wouldn't last two seconds in my house ;)

Hugs,
Dena

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Your blog is darling!

My daughter makes these delectable little numbers every year.....aren't they YUMMY????

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, Wish I had seen this recipe before I had my cookie party. Those would have been so Christmasy to have. I printed the recipe. They are such pretty cookies. xo Lynn

Chany said...

Que precioso todo lo que tienes aqui, es que eres un una mujer muy estpecial, eres un sol, >Chany de Argentina.

Laura said...

Oh my! These look lovely!! Thank you for posting the recipe. I will give them a try.

prashant said...

Those are darling!!! So festive...will certainly give tem a try

How to make a website

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline