About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 June 2010

Chaotic Creativity.....

I just loved surfing this weekend's blog party "Where Bloggers Create". I had toyed with the idea of joining in, but let's face it. it would take me a week to find the bottom of this chaotic studio to stage like some of the lovely photos you see in magazines. And I did see some of that in this party too--they were gorgeous, but actually functional?? hummmm.......
In my chaotic creative world I work outside the home 4 days a week, babysit my 2 yr old granddaughter one day a week and the other 2 days and every minute between squeeze some sewing, paper, and graphic art in. Also some church activities. My husband always reminds me "if you would get off the computer, you would get a lot more done" LOL ...tee hee, I think he could be right.....so here it is....my creative chaos--just as it is, not staged for a photo--threads on the floor and all and some of my garage sale finds that I repurposed for storage too.

 storing my buttons in baby food jars on a tea cup caddy

my "idea boards" cheap bulletin boards I covered with fabric


 Just a 3 prong rack I paid a buck,  holds my hanging creations

 This is other side of my "chaos"! Where the graphic art takes place as well as personal office space. 
And my coffee cup is always nearby.
That's "Floozie" in the right corner, my granddaughter and I named her!

I didn't even bother snapping a pic of the fabric storage, that is really scary, not like the nice neat stacks you have seen in the other posts. But I can say this, I know exactly what I have in there ;o)
My words to all you chaotic creators out there~Even if it's your coffee table, the closet, your kitchen table, it is the heart, soul, and beauty of your art that counts
  
it's all about the beauty of what you create, 
not where you create it~
 
 
oh nana, this place messy!






7 comments:

stefanie said...

you are right, and you creat beautiful treasures...I know what you mean, getting more stuff done..dang computor..lol

Heaven's Walk said...

LOL! My hubby is telling me that all the time. He just doesn't realize that most of my inspiration in decorating the home we live in comes right from all my blogger sistas out there! :) I'm like a sponge and just want to keep soaking up more and more creative ideas...

Wonderfully creative space you've created in your home, Debbi!

xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

Unknown said...

Out of chaos comes order......somebody said that..LOL
not sure who tho, but I bet they were a Chaotic Creationist too!
You notice I am not placing any camera in my workspace..HA..no one would speak to me out of sheer trauma.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Debbie! Thanks for coming by for a visit, and for becoming my newest follower! I love all your pretties in your creative space.
Your grandaughter is adorable!
Have a great week!

Debbie

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I posted my room at the "Where Bloggers Create" site BUT only the cleaned up areas. If you use a space, at all, it is going to be messy. My problem is when I work on something my mess seems to spread from room to room, can't seem to contain it to one space. Fun to see your cozy space!

Sinderella's Studio said...

Yep, choatic is definitely how I would describe my creative space - believe it or not your space is like a magazine photo compared to mine! I just can't seem to keep it tidy or organized! And, unfortunately, I no longer have a mind like a steel trap so do lose track of things - it's scary in here! but I love it!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I feel better!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOL ohhhh if you only knew how much time was spent on clearing and hiding stuff ! I can spread stuff from one end of my house and studio in a nanosecond :))
(())

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline