About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

18 July 2010

The vintage alphabet party for July


It's time to show our vintage! The party is on over at Etsy Cottage Style Blog and this month we are sharing our vintage L and M items. I am at a loss for the M, because it is Sunday night, rushing to get ready for the dreaded Monday morning junk, but thought I would share some vintage Linens.
I generally repurpose many cast off Linens in my textile art, but I do have a few that are just too nice to cut up.






Then I thought of a couple of Lingerie bags that I repurposed from vintage Linens!



Hope you enjoyed!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi! I like using the Inlinkz.
Your Linens are beautiful and those bags...I love the pink one with the SouthernBelle Garden.
Well I just popped in to see your post and say Hi! I better get back to work :-D

Cherry Chick said...

Debbi,
Your Lingerie bags are just beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us.
´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.Thank you.*.•♥
♥•.*.from Vicki.*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I love linens and yours are truely beautiful and the lingerie bags are so lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I'm making the vintage alphabet party rounds (though not participating myself).

Your linens are GORGEOUS!!! I agree, they are way too pretty to cut up.

Your lingerie bags are beautiful too. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Have a wonderful day,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Debbi,
These are just beautiful!!!
I wanted to tell you that you won the vintage tin that I made on I Owe it All to Him...

I was wondering if you could email me your last name and address so I can mail it right out to you!

I'm at:
cindylou_20@hotmail.com

Hugs,
Cindy
xxox

Vicki said...

Hello, Debbi,
I have a real weakness for vintage lines, and yours are beautiful. I love the laundry bags you have fashioned from them. Happy Vintage Alphabet and have a blessed week~ Vicki

Vicki said...

I meant to say "linens"~ Vicki

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! At first I had a hard time with this month. Lincoln logs were all I could think and I saw my pics on the wall, but it took me a while to get the rest.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbi,
Your linens are amazing. I love them and the creations you made from embrodiery pieces are gorgeous. You are so talented and creative. I just love the southern belle.
Just want to say thank you for all you do with ECS.

Have a great evening.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anita Diaz said...

Oh those are lovely!! I love vintage linens too! Thanks for stopping by too:-)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love the thought of re-purposing the vintage linens into lingerie bags!! So Pretty!!!

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Debbi! I love the idea of repurposing vintage linens. They always look so right at home and cozy. Debbie from house@thelake makes pillow slips from them often and they always look so shabbily chic! :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Beautiful linens!

Kimberly :-)

Parsley said...

Stopping by for the first time. I recently joined the Bloggerette Sorority and wanted to meet some of the 'sisters'.

My blog door is always open for new friends. Drop by, help yourself to some tea and cookies and meet my 6 dogs.

God bless.

Bobbie said...

Hello Debbi, It's my first time on your blog. These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing... be blessed, bobbi

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline