About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

26 September 2010

a special treat from a friend.....

I am "wowed".  I asked a talented friend of mine to take a sign board I had that was painted pink, and paint my website name on it. Since I really cannot "paint a stoke" I knew that Carrie would get the letters neat and tidy and professional looking, And that is all I expected. Just letters with my website name.
Since Carie I live an hour apart, we don't see each other too often, but we met for lunch recently. She presented me with this AMAZING mixed media piece of beautiful art!

 can you believe it? this is GORGEOUS!!!
(my pics don't do it justice)

all the DETAILS are incredible

And I found the perfect place in my studio to hang this too.....Just as you enter above the door. Thank you Carrie for you thoughtfulness~you truly are a gracious friend~ If any of you would like to see more of Carrie's mixed media art, she has an Etsy shop called CarrieMe Home  and of course she accepts custom orders too.


7 comments:

Cherry Chick said...

Oh My! Your sign is lovely and so perfect for you. It's always so nice to have wonderful friends who surprise us when they do things just for us.
I must tell you that as a rule, I don't like it when people put those "music players" on their blogs. For me it takes longer for the blog to load. But I so love the song by Ludvico, after hearing it hear for the first time, that I tracked it down online and downloaded it for myself.
Thanks so much for sharing with us all.

Edith Schmidt said...

Love this!! How cool

Char said...

Debbi, that was made in heaven my friend and is just perfect, Char

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Debbi,
Oh your note was so cute! How have you been? You won't believe what I almost did the other day...I was on someone's blog and somebody else's name came into my head and I almost wrote it--oh gosh--how funny is that?
I love your sign...it is gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Wow!!
Sending blessings your way,
Cindy
xo

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Debbie! Wow, what an incredible sign Carrie did! Just awesome! I'm going to have to definitely run over and check out her etsy shop! lol! Can hardly wait to see your new sign hanging in your office.... :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Faye said...

Debbi, the sign is so elegant. I know this means so much to you. It is very beautiful.

I had to laugh about your note on Cindy's blog about misspelling her name. Without the "e", I bet your name is often misspelled.

Today at the nursing home where I volunteer, I called Shirley "Lucille" for about the 15th time and I spelled Nannie "Nanny". Some days are like that.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very nice personal sign!!!
Deb :)

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline