About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

24 June 2013

An amazing re-purpose


A few posts back, I asked if anyone knew what this was. I am still guessing, but I think it was a silk flower planter of some type. When I picked this up a garage sale a couple weeks ago, I envisioned what it could become. I love when an idea works!

I cleaned up as it was pretty dusty. Spray painted with Painters Touch Heirloom White satin. Then used a dry brush method to add some chalk paint in Provence blue. then waxed with a dark colored wax and buffed.



Next, since this was so deep, I needed to add a false bottom (I bet you are still wondering what I am planning). I simply cut a 2"x6" circle of cardboard, wrapped it around the post and taped it at the bottom. Then I cut 2 half circles, covered and glued some scrapbooking paper and placed inside. Nothing fancy.


I debated on how to divide the inside. I came up with these plastic storage containers. They are light, easy to clean, and most of all they fit the best.


Okay, so now the reveal....this is going to serve as an outdoor serving caddy! We eat outdoors in the summer a lot.


Instead of dragging out a pile of flatware and napkins, I can simply bring the whole caddy to the table and let everyone help themselves, or I can easily set each place setting in a jiffy. Note on the top loops I have added seasoning bottles, which will change based on what is being served

Below, I have a corner table on the patio that I can set this having it out of the way while we are eating. When cleaning up for the day, simply bringing in the caddy never got so easy, And I am all about making it easy on myself.

Total cost of this project was $4.00 That's right only FOUR DOLLARS for the caddy itself.  That is because everything else I had on hand including the spray paint. I am a firm believer in using what you have to make it work.


This week I am joining in on the following parties

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Cottage Style Entertaining Party @ EtsyCottageStyle  
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
 Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Vintage Style Inspiration@ Knick of Time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome repurpose! ♥

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Debbie! Wow, Wow is all I can say!! You did a fantastic job on this. I love how it came out. Great idea to put the containers in there. You could also use it for flowers, fake or fresh!! Great job!

Debbie

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline