About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

20 June 2013

Arboroak Cottage on the front



During the summer, I usually do most of my blogging about my cottage garden. Most of that is in the back yard of my home here in rural Sublimity Oregon. When we lived in the city, I cottage gardened in both the front and the back and it was a lot of work! When we moved out to this little rural town, we purchased a home on a corner lot facing beautiful farmland and mountain vistas. I decided to "cottage garden" in just the back yard. Thru the years, somehow a few roses did make it into the front landscape little by little. A few days ago I was out snapping photos of my back side yard rose garden, and couldn't help but notice the monster Sally Holmes rose on the corner out front and just how glorious she was. Then the thought entered that really, I never have blogged about the front of our Arboroak Cottage.

 

Once the roses are done, the container flowers on the porch will be large enough to keep some color going the rest of the summer

 Popcorn rose


This is an extremely fragrant Rugosa rose. If someones knows the name, please clue me in. I bought a pair of these roses on clearance at a local nursery. The blooms only last one day, they extremely fragrant, so intense you can smell them when you walk on the porch. It is a wonderful welcome to our visitors.

This is my monster Sally Holmes rose! She was a small start 8 years ago, I knew she was gonna get big, so I gave her the whole corner. Those are the windows to my work studio, so I get to enjoy the blooms all summer. I actually do prune her back hard in both the fall and spring.


This is a sweet ground cover rose I picked up at Heirloom rose gardens, It is great for under the tree.


Hoping you enjoyed the "front" tour. I can't leave without showing you a peek at that side rose garden and what's in bloom back there. The pictures just don't do it justice

The Abraham Darby in the foreground is just starting to pop open!

7 comments:

sdsss said...

HOW NICE !

Betty said...

So beautiful. You are an inspiration. I am working on our yard this year, but the weather has be so unusual.

Anonymous said...

Ah- glad you have some space around you. Everything looks so pretty.

I have that same rugosa! Same color and everything. It does smell lovely but the thorns are so thick! ♥

Nell at njschout said...

You have some lovely roses!

daisy g said...

What an inspirational garden. The surroundings must really stir your creative juices.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

What a lovely place you have there! :)

lala said...

Your garden is so lovely - and your roses are very happy! I think your mystery rose might be Hansa, although Hansa will get large after several years unless you keep her pruned short.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline