About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

14 April 2014

Bunny inspiration

 Interesting how finding an inspiration piece can be the start of something creative.


I never have been particularly a person who does an Easter display. If we were hosting a dinner or festivities on this holiday, I would put together a spring centerpiece and that was about it.
I saw this bunny at a garage sale last summer. I just thought he was so cute and at 50 cents, he was going to go home with me. Maybe next Easter I would actually do a display with this lone bunny. In my travels the last few months I did find 3 more cuties, thinking at least I would have some bunnies and eggs to set out for my granddaughters to enjoy.
Then came a wonderful gift from an Easter swap I was part of this spring. Shelly sent me the most precious handmade house and a basket full of goodies. With much excitement, I created this beautiful corner vignette.


And my granddaughters could not keep their hands off the house, especially with the little surprise inside, it was so fun to peek thru the windows! And each egg has a little surprise inside. (not all candy!)



as you can see, Shelly sent me a lot more treasures in the box!
An English tea cup and tea, roses hand lotion, sweet pea seeds and chocolates....

Happy Easter to all my blogger land friends. 
Let us not forget the true meaning of Easter. Christ died on the cross for us that we may be saved from our sins. We are truly saved by his grace





4 comments:

Cache-Mire said...

What a lovely display! And all from one little bunny. I, like you, have not done an Easter display but you have inspired me! Happy Easter!
~Terri

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your vignette! So cute in pastels. The house is so cute. My granddaughters would love it too! Visiting from Etsy Cottage Style.

Marjorie Trofa said...

Your website is so sweet. I'm enchanted, there are a lot of beutiful things.... =)
I really loved it !
I'm from Brazil and I have a blog about ladylike and vintage style! If you want to know it, the address is http://marjorietrofa.com.br

Kathy said...

Such a sweet little scene. No wonder your grands loved it.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline