About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

11 August 2009

My mini vacation


Usually we try to do a tropical vacation every spring, but didn't work out for 2009. So we have been taking some "mini" vacations. This last weekend we headed out for Three Rivers which is located in the high plateau country of central Oregon. The views are breath taking here at Lake Billy Chinook which is a reservior of 3 rivers--the Crooked, Deschutes, and Metolious rivers (hence the name of this recreational area). My daughter Alissa and granddaughter Lynsie came along with Jim and I as we joined our friends Kathy and Ron on their 5 acre property. This area is "off the grid" meaning there is no power, water or sewer. So it was dry camping! There also is a State park campground and forest service campgrounds along this large lake.
Ron and Kathy took us out on thier pontoon boat one afternoon too. I took the liberty of borrowing the slide show Alissa did for her blog to show some of the photos. Lynsie hated that lifejacket (and I don't blame her) but now in Oregon all kids have to wear lifejackets at all times when riding in a boat. In a couple of the pics I have her on my lap. I guess I was lucky there wasn't a full body shot of me LOL!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Great! I hope you fed the poor little thing!
Hugs, Lisa

Vicki said...

Hello, Debbi,
What a breathtaking view! My goal is to one day make it up to Oregon and Washington and then on up into Canada, possibly even Alaska. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It is always good to get away for a few days. It refreshes the spirit! Hope your week is a good one. Vicki

DollsAndSpooks said...

it must be my lucky day today, i keep on finding all these lovely blogs. i like your blog, it is so fresh and cute.

charmedwishes18.blogspot.commar

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Debbi, well you were just in my backyard! My parents took us camping there once (many years ago!) and it was BEFORE they filled the canyon and now it is Lake Bill Chinook! We live just South of Bend now and we love this area! There is so much to see and do here. Thank you for showing your slideshow, looks like you all had a wonderful time!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Unknown said...

That is just beautiful! We love mini vacations. You can take them more often!

Have a great day, Debbi!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

It is beautiful ! I like mini vacations the best.

Shirley said...

I loved your pictures. I still want to take a train ride going up into Canada, The scenery is so different from what you can see when you go by car or air. Your grand-daughter is so cute. Hugs Shirley-

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Debbi,
I thought I recognized your beautiful lake photo. Billy Chinook is beautiful and such a great place to fish and go camping. It's huge.
I am quite familiar with the Willamette Valley. In the early 1800s my family were pioneers and settled in the Willamette Valley near Woodburn. I've been through Sublimity many times. It's such a beautiful area. I was born in Yamhill County.
I love living in Central Oregon. We've been here a little over 7 years.
Thank you for your nice visit on my blog. It's fun getting to know you.
Blessings,
Carolynn

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline