About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

05 August 2009

Tagged by a friend!

I was tagged today by my friend Carol from Etsy Cottage Style ning! I have to tell all of you 10 things about myself--some that you may or may not know already--hummm, this might take a while!

1. For starters--the above banner for Carol's blog--I designed for her!

2. I work a day time job for a grocery marketing company and have a website and 3 etsy shops

3.I have a wonderful hubby Jim, 2 grown children and a 21 month granddaughter Lynsie

4.I love David Austin and old garden pink roses and grow several in my cottage garden.

5. I love vintage textiles and it is a thrill to create beautiful home decor that can become new treasures.

6.. I collect vintage German porcelain (of course it has to have pink roses!) preferably the MZ Austria or Leuchtenburg marks

7. I am a Star Trek fan! Loved all the series!

8. I enjoy camping in the mountain forests of Western Oregon

9. I have a passion for traveling to Kona, Hawaii (the Big Island) I think I lived there in another life, it feels like home to me. Andmy dream is that some day we will have a second home there

10. I am a Christian and believe that we are all saved by God's grace

I am going to tag 4 of of my Shabby Lane Shops Friends today!

Janet at Graceful Rose

Theresa at Cottage Violets

Mimi at Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique

Lynn at The Vintage Nest

10 comments:

blushing rose said...

Thank you for sharing. It is always nice to learn a little more about our friends. TTFN~ Marydon

PS Pop by my post today, please.

Char said...

Star Trek Debbi, I would have never known, I love that too, Char

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

I was going along nicely with your 10 things we don't know, then I saw Star Trek, lol. One has to break out of the mold now and again doesn't one, lol. Variety is the spice of life.
Regards,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, Thanks for the tag... :) I love reading other's tags and find them so interesting. I know that feeling you described about Hawaii. I have a certain beach that I think I lived another life on too. LOL at your Star Trek love. My DH would love it if I became a fan. Have a super nice Thursday.

Vicki said...

Hi, Debbi,
I enjoyed reading ten interesting things about you. We have several things in common (love for roses, vintage china and textiles, Star Trek). I would love to visit Hawaii (maybe one of these days). Hope your week has been a rosy one. Vicki

Heirlooms For You said...

I have to agree with everyone I can see them all but wow, Star Trek to cool! (didn't see that coming) Who knows what it hiding inside of a proper cottge lady? Isn't that what makes us all so unique. Cottage style is what brings us together, but these unique things are what makes us fun. Thanks for sharing. Carol

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

So nice to know a little more about you!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: It is nice to get to know just a little more about you. You have always been so graceous to me. A sister in the Lord! Yeah! Martha

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi, I finally made it over here. Thank you for tagging me, I will try to come up with 10 interesting things about myself. I enjoyed reading more about you. I too love roses, although I am not as successful at growing them where I live now. I will work on that though. I hope you have a great day!

Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique said...

Hi Debbi ~ thanks so much for the tag!! I will be thinking furiously about what are some of my favorite things in life and what I love!

Have a wonderful Pink Saturday, when you have a minute stop by the blog and read the post about "Something to Make You Laugh on Pink Saturday"! It's so fun and thanks for the tag, you are too sweet!

Have a Pinkalicious Saturday!
Mimi

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline