About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

14 July 2011

The perfect summer breakfast...

Yes, this my favorite summer breakfast fare. Nothing fancy, but quick easy, fresh and local. So I pretty much am addicted to Chobani Greek yogurt now and have it for breakfast at least 4-5 times a week. But the summer brings a bounty of fresh local fruit and I snagged my first lot of raspberries. So I snapped a pic, and am sharing this less than 300 calorie sweet and oh so good for you recipe that has endless possibilities.


6 ounces non fat Greek yogurt
(Chobani brand for sure)
2 packets Splenda
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon granola

You can substitute Vanilla yogurt, but use only 1 packet Splenda.
the options are endless with your fruit---always use fresh and local in the summer--can't wait for the local peaches...

10 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Love yogurt,this looks really good! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Debbi and Happy Summer!
I am with you in gobbling up all the fresh fruits and veggies I can! We have a huge bowl of NW cherries on the counter for our nibbling. I am waiting, patiently, for the Michigan peaches. I have never tasted peaches like they have here.
Our weather has been so wet, chilly and cloudy that our farmers market has not opened and so that means none of their fabulously sweet, sweet corn or their tomatoes! :( I eat their tomatoes like an apple.

I am going to try your recipe, probably with the cherries..

Love your banner!
Jil
xo

sweet violets said...

Oh yum......I am feasting on cherries now, can't wait for our local berries to ripen....enjoy!!! hugs...cleo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbi,
Oh I love this for breakfast too. It looks so yummy and so healthy too. I enjoy yogurt with strawberries, walnuts and sometimes raisins too. SO yummy to start the day.
Thank you for sharing your combination.

Thank you also for stopping by my studio tour today. Your kind words are so inspiring and encouraging. I so hope you join next year.

XO Celestina Marie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love my raspberries in the morning. I put them in yogurt..but I must try this..sounds GOOD!!

Elaine said...

Came over from another blog...your breakfast looks so good. I will have to try this soon.

Linda said...

Yum! I have a ton of peaches right now!

Ava said...

Loving your Blog , your photos alone make this blog a pleasure to read , looking forward to reading more . Now following xx Ava

ShabbyESP said...

The yogurt breakfast looks so good!!!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. Your creations are so lovely I will have to visit your shop.
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Anonymous said...

Debbi, I'm just now getting a chance to really look at your blog. You are a stunning design artist, and I like your blog very much.

Your breakfast looks Oh-so yummy and healthy.

Have a glorious day,
Marianne

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline