About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

03 July 2014

Patriotic Porch

Having a little fun this week decorating my porch space for the holiday weekend. This the first time I decorated for the 4th of July, usually I just use one them and leave it up all summer, but I decided changing things up a little would be fun.
 I grabbed this old king size quilt from my linen closet, perfect fit for the teak bench I must say! I had this wonderful vintage tablecloth pillow sham that had all the right colors.



I gathered up a few coordinating treasures. I forgot I had these colorful Burpee seed mugs tucked in the back of a cupboard. I need to use these this summer, they are perfect for the season. Picked a handful of bachelor buttons (or cornflowers as the farmers here call them)

One of my favorite display pieces is this old wood flat. Fun to just tuck in what I can find. Goes well with the wispy pink baby's breath, alyssum and brachycome daisies.

I went to the back shed and found this old window that I have used in a number of places mainly the back patio or on my back fence, and thought-why not? So here it is above the bench. I had some vintage looking flag fabric in my stash and simply gathered it up to dress the window a bit.

just throwing in a close up on my up-cycled chair I did a couple years ago. The brachycome flowers are planted in a hard hat that I punched holes into for drainage.

all set to kick off my shoes and watch the fireworks from the porch!
Happy 4th of July to all my bloggie friends!

15 comments:

krishna said...

how cute!!!! lovely...

Linda said...

Your porch looks wonderful...just right for all Summer long! have a wonderful 4th!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Debbi,
What a beautiful and inviting porch!!
I could definitely stop by for a chat and a glass of iced tea!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

White Lace and Promises said...

I love it, I love it, I love it, right down to the very last detail. I'll take the quilt and the pillows and the tool box and the flowers I'd kill so you can keep those and I'll just look. So adorable.

ArtisticRomantic said...

How wonderful and comfy looking. I love the hardhat planter idea. Have a lovely holiday,
Angela

sweet violets said...

Oh, this is so cute!!! Love what you did.....very inviting!! Enjoy your fireworks!!!

chateau chic said...

Love your porch! It looks so fun and inviting...a great place to hang out.
Mary Alice

deb said...

What an inviting porch!! I Love how you decorated it and that quilt is to die for! Beautiful! Love the window, everything looks so perfect _ ready for a magazine shoot! I'm so jealous!! LOL

Which you and your a Happy and Safe 4th of July!
Take care
*hugs*deb

Sarah said...

Looks like a perfect spot to watch a 4th of July parade. Does one pass by your home?
Happy 4th of July!

Debbi said...

No on the parade Sarah, But we have open farmland around us, so we can see the fireworks from the next town

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love your porch...it's so welcoming, especially for the fourth!

Linking from Rose Vignettes,
xo,
Ricki Jill

Heaven's Walk said...

It all looks so cute and fun, Debbi! You created such a sweet, cozy space for the holiday. :)

xoox laurie

Unknown said...

It looks like you are ready for fireworks! :)
Love those little Burpee Seed mugs. Perfect for coffee in the morning. :)

Hope you had a great 4th!

Thanks for sharing with Fresh-Cut Friday!
~Liz

Unknown said...

Love it all. So Welcoming.

Unknown said...

your porch looks wonderful...

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline