About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

25 June 2009

Your never too old....


A collection of vintage Greeting cards and Postcards!


In my pursuit of finding graphics that I could use in my designs,
I stumbled upon the world of gorgeous old postcards and greeting cards.
Most of what I found is at my fingertips on flickr and I have even joined some of the groups sharing what I have found in my antique and flea market hunts.
I have used many of them in my blog designs and even some etsy shop banners.
Here are a few, feel free to help yourself!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the pink one!! They are all so beautiful!
If you haven't been to my blog come on over as I am having a quickie 3 day give-away!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Dawn said...

I just love old artwork. It has such a different feeling from modern stuff.
Dawn

debi said...

I love old images, postcards, etc. The ones you have here are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the old postcard motifs. Some remind me of the old florist gift cards some people still had when we started our flower shop in the 70's. There were some old shops and wholesalers that still had packs of unopened cards from the
40's!! Wish I had those today.
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog..you're entered in the giveaway

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Debbi, postcards is one of my passions and one of the first things I collected. I don't only love the graphics but also adore reading them. They usually have very simple words but so meaningful! It also amazes me how they have lasted so long, some of mine are way over 100 years old..there's no way a B-card today will last like that! Thank you for playing today!
Marcela

Chris said...

What a great collection! I too love old vintage cards. They are just so charming! Loved looking at your pics.
Chris
www.curbyscloset.com

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Don't you just LOVE the old postcards! These are great ones and thanks for sharing Debbi.

Gail

Lisa said...

Completely awesome! Thanks!
hugs, Lisa

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Debbi...I love them all! I just stopped in on my way to your etsy shop. So...see you there..
Hugs...
Mona

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline