About Me

My photo
Sublimity, OR, United States
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby. After 10 years I quit the day job to pursue my art as a full time passion.

17 May 2013

First garden stroll of the season

Our spring in Oregon has been fabulous! On.Easter Sunday we had a rare 80f day---.then while we were in Hawaii the weather was pretty nasty here. But the sunny weather must have followed us home as we have experienced over 2 weeks of glorious summer--not spring--temps. This gave everything a big jump start, I actually planted my tomatoes 3 weeks earlier than I normally do. But unfortunately, this week we snapped back into normal Pacific Northwest spring weather with temps in the mid 60's and r*a*i*n...........




Today was overcast and a perfect time to get the first photos of the season of my cottage garden and what is in bloom at the moment. I had to start watermarking my photos recently, especially the ones of my garden and the products I sell since I am finding them all over Facebook and Pinterest. I might as well get credit for them, huh?


My annual flowers are not yet planted. They will dance around the stepping stones



 Looking toward my rose garden---not yet blooming except for the climbing rose in the foreground

 how simple and beautiful is the flower of the chive?


 always love to photograph my Eden roses


I hope you enjoyed the first of many pics of my garden to come this season. If you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you know how passionate I am about cottage gardening. I find so much inspiration in my art from the colors of the garden and nature.



10 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful! That sudden burst of unexpected summer weather was wonderful but things are oh so dry already and I was happy to get back so the more typical May rain. I think I could hear my garden sigh in relief!

Kat said...

Your flowers are absolutely breathtaking. I love this time of he year with everything in bloom. Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Debbi, your garden is so pretty, I especially love the rose! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, Debi. I can hardly wait for my garden to be so robust.

TTFN ~
Marydon

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

So beautiful. I loved visiting the PNW, everything so green and vibrant.
(())

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

You definitely need credit for those lovely photos and your green thumb.

Marilyn Broggie said...

Hi Debbi, been a long time! Your garden is so beautiful! Do you still have the "kiss me over the garden gates"? I planted the seeds you sent me, but they never came up - I suppose it's just too cold here. But I am moving to Whidbey Island, WA. maybe they can grow there? Have a great week.
God Bless,
Marilyn

Jean said...

Your garden shots are all fabulous! Beautiful colors! Jean

Deb said...

Everything is just beautiful1! Love your photos...no wonder you're finding them all over!

Unknown said...

Your garden looks like a bouquet. here's mine:http://lifeinthemicro.blogspot.com/2013/06/catherine-catherine-how-does-your.html.

Every Saturday

Where we reside

Where we reside

The Oregon Coastline

The Oregon Coastline